Dell Dimension 5000 with Radeon x1950 PRO 512mb

F

freddie_ta

Hi everyone,

Not really done much upgrading before, but felt it was time to give my 5000 a bit of a boost. Ive got 2gig RAM now, but want to look at upgrading my graphics from the RAdeon x300 SE it came with.

I've looked at the Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB PCI-e card, as it fits with my budget, and seems to have a decent enough spec for what I need, however I cant find any info on whether or not I will be able to fit the card to the 5000, and ive found conflicting evidence, some saying it will be fine, others saying the PSU will need upgrading.

Basically I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this will work or point me in the direction of a suitable alternative card.

Any help gratefully appreciated Freddie

I have the Dell E520 and I upgraded my PSU to install a X1950Pro 256MB. Some will say that the Dell PSU is quite efficient, but personally I don't like taking a risk.

Not sure about whether it will fit your case though.

Think the way id need to go is upgrade PSU as well as the card, apparently dell PSU's are a pain in the ass to exchange as well, wish i had the money to start from scratch!!!

Well I got some money back from Dell as the PSu didn't not have the molex connector that was described in the manual. I kicked up a fuss and they refunded me £35 which went towards a Corsair HS520! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom