Dell Dimension 2400 problem

dasquidge

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

I just installed 2gigs RAM into my dimension 2400. After restarting the pc it only starts to power up for a few seconds then powers off for a few seconds then continues to power up.

The pc never fully boots and the keyboard and mouse are disabled. The monitor goes into power save mode displaying the message to press a key or move the mouse, these as I said are disabled so I can't access the computer.

I tried putting the 512mb RAM back in but the same thing happened. The pc was working fine prior to insalling the RAM.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is here?
Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

I have done the same in the past, you may have damaged the motherboard beyond repair, If you open the case up and look at the motherboards make and model you could possibly get a cheap 2nd hand one of ebay. Unfortunate, but worked for me. You could try ringing dell for support, however if you are out of warranty they may charge :/

Hey,

I spoke to a guy in a repair shop today and he seems to think it's a data corruption issue. When the pc is started it powers up for about 4 seconds, then powers down for about another 4 seconds. It then powers up in power save mode with the keyboard and mouse disabled.

Does anyone know of any shortcuts I can use to try and get the pc to boot properly.

Thanks.

what operating system do you have? if its windows xp you will need a floppy disc to get into the recovery console and try and repair the windows install if thats the problem, im sure vista and 7 it can be done strait from a dvd

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom