Dell computers

cityblue121

Standard Member
if i bought a dell computer do i have to buy the parts from dell if i was to upgrade the components in the future?

dc8900

Distinguished Member
if i bought a dell computer do i have to buy the parts from dell if i was to upgrade the components in the future?

From what I understand some parts have been made propriety, so only Dell parts will work in a Dell for certain components.

dc8900

Distinguished Member
For one, I know they are said to intend to move to industry standard stuff but as far as I'm aware it's the PSU and motherboard that are Dell unique. So, if you are not too bothered with that you will be ok with RAM, hdd, optical drives etc,

Be warned, atm, Dell are having horrible problems with delivering products with huge delays.

potatouk

Standard Member
Spot on, I have had to upgrade a few Dells and it has only been the PSU and mobo that have been propriety which is similar to most manufacturers.

takes2long

Standard Member
"Be warned, atm, Dell are having horrible problems with delivering products with huge delays."

I have had a terrible time with Dell, messed my order up soooo badly, rude customer service, would think twice before you part with your cash!!!!

Stabilo8763525

Standard Member
No you certainly don't and I would strongly recommend you don't. Get a barebones machine as they charge the earth for memory, hard drive upgrades etc.

You should be able to find compatible components for much less by doing a little hunting around.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom