DELL bargain.........LOOK Iomega Hard Disk Drive Hi Speed 250GB x2 for £30.44!!

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Result - thanks very much :thumbsup:

Just ordered 2

Thanks for the heads up

Always like a bargain being Scottish and all and with file sizes jumping with 10 meg camera using raw these 2 drives will be a fine addition to the family....:thumbsup:

icemanonline

And if they don't send them cos they made a mistake......
tongueout.gif

This is what we think of them......
starwarssoldscrewing.gif

Oh Yeah!!!

I don't think there is nothing suspicious going on - like a mistake in the pricing.

There is 15% off all hard drives. And then free delivery that kicks in when you make it quantity of 2.

However, that is a bargain.:thumbsup:

Edit: on 2nd thoughts, perhaps the basic price before the discounts is a bit too low...

Just thought I'd come and spoil the party.

You won't get them - A quick google brings up several 30+ Page threads from last year for exactly the same product that had the same pricing error.

Call me an old cynic, but think of it this way: You leak out a deal like this, it spreads like wildfire, and Dell hit there new customer sign up target. Their T&C saves them having to supply the product, but they get all your lovely details for some mass marketing joy.

They should honor it as I found another company selling the same drive for £14.66 each (less then the Dell price).

Either way both prices are stupidly cheap, I mean USB and Firewire!!!????!!!

Firewire always adds at least another £30 to the price tag of any drive or device

And the cheapest internal 250GB 7200rpm drive I can find costs £35 and internals are cheaper than externals.

Okay 250Gb aint exactly big but it's still a useful size and the cheapest 250GB drive I can find is around the £40 mark so all in all a bit of a bargin!

Have ordered a lorry load ;)

Just thought I'd come and spoil the party.

You won't get them - A quick google brings up several 30+ Page threads from last year for exactly the same product that had the same pricing error.

Call me an old cynic, but think of it this way: You leak out a deal like this, it spreads like wildfire, and Dell hit there new customer sign up target. Their T&C saves them having to supply the product, but they get all your lovely details for some mass marketing joy.

I'm sorry but didn't Kodak also do the same and say they would not honor the deal..................only to to be confronted by a class action against them and they did infact honor the deal in the end? I think I'm right!

And, If Dell did the same last year and haven't learned from it........they need their corporate behinds KICKED! Bloody hard?

I don't think they will honor it either but at £30.44 its worth a go.

If they do back out then I may contact a bud who works in a solicitors and ask his opinion. Why not, maybe a call from them may swing this for me...............and they will send.....:)

We will wait and see.................

icemanonline

Great ‘Heads Up’ just ordered my two!

I'm sorry but didn't Kodak also do the same and say they would not honor the deal..................only to to be confronted by a class action against them and they did infact honor the deal in the end? I think I'm right!

You are right - and it's that lawsuit that made every single online trader change their T&C to protect them from pricing errors.

The funny thing is - if it was one or two orders, they might honor them. But what tends to happen is that they get posted on hotdeals etc, and you get this mass buying frenzy which is so unusual, it'll be obvious to any court that it was a mis-pricing (not that it will go anywhere near a court) Dell probably don't even stock these items themselves, they buy them in - and they won't be placing the order :)

You are right - and it's that lawsuit that made every single online trader change their T&C to protect them from pricing errors.

The funny thing is - if it was one or two orders, they might honor them. But what tends to happen is that they get posted on hotdeals etc, and you get this mass buying frenzy which is so unusual, it'll be obvious to any court that it was a mis-pricing (not that it will go anywhere near a court) Dell probably don't even stock these items themselves, they buy them in - and they won't be placing the order :)

Probably...................But I think I may well call them and annoy them with rules and terms regarding the confirmation email. That is an interesting position to be in. I have heard that after that email is sent it is a Binding contact! Unless anyone knows different...............distance selling rules I think have something to do with it....................But I'm not up on this particular part of the law but my buddy and Co are!!! :)

I'm sure it will be fun to chase them anyhow and see if we can get the goods out of them, see how far we can push them.......:lesson:

Well see......

Cheers Liquid.................Good banter for a Monday night :D

icemanonline

Well i stuck my order in for a couple, so we shall see what occurs with Dell :rolleyes:

EDIT
Confirmation of your recent Dell order is attached.

The Estimated Delivery Date for this order is on or before 28/05/2008.

Dell T&C

Note on bottom of confirmation:

Please note - your order is subject to our Terms and Conditions of Sale and Service.Dell will not be responsible for typographical, pricing or
other errors and reserves the right to cancel any orders based on such errors. Ensure you inspect all components of your product after delivery
as Dell are unable to accommodate any claim after 30 days from date of invoice.

Peeps over at Hot UK Deals have already said it's a pricing error and that orders will be cancelled on one thread and yet on another they are saying it's a done deal and people are receiving delivery dates. Although I've yet to see anyone actually get one, if it is a misprice why has it happened 3 times with the same drive in the last few months.

Mike.

IMHO if you saw the price these drives are made for in China etc you would be asking why they weren't half this price, we've been brought up in a culture of everything being a lot dearer than it really is, however if we get them, then we get them & we are happy, but if we don't, so what, it was worth a try.

Although the old adage about things looking to good to be true is ringing in my ears, I have ordered a couple.

Although the old adage about things looking to good to be true is ringing in my ears, I have ordered a couple.

Me too. :D

Thanks for the notice, Iceman.

Miko

Looks like it was a typo exactly along the same lines as last time.

IIRC last time Dell did this they actually got two products mixed up and assigned the wrong price to each one.

If you click on the link now it's changed to a Bluetooth Adapter even though the description is still for the Iomega drive.

Chances of getting the orders honored?..........dropping exponentially. I'd be amazed now if Dell deliver.

Now the page has been removed entirely.

Looks like that fleet of trucks laden with cheap drives won't be turning up at my house then :( :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom