Dell 620MT or simliar around £400 ish.

asho808

Standard Member
Thinking of buying a new home PC, which will be predominantly used by my 9 yr old son, and going down the Dell route.

Will need ok graphics but not high spec for the games that he plays. So thinking an i3 and built in GPU would be sufficient for the moment hence the reason for me looking at the 620MT.

I take it i could put additional graphics in at later date if necessary?

Also looked on DinoPC, Aria and Chillblast website but now getting more confused.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Asho :thumbsup:

shadowboxer

Came across this which looks pretty good for the money. Novatech iFlame Pro. You'd really need a dedicated graphics card for even the most basic of gaming, integrated GPUs just won't cut it.

Spec
  • Intel Core i5 2310 Processor
  • 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory
  • 1TB 3.5" 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
  • Novatech Micro ATX Case With 350w PSU
  • 22x DVD Writer
  • Intel H61 Chipset Motherboard
  • Novatech Wired Keyboard And mouse

Price: £309.98 inc vat (free delivery)

Perhaps call Novatech up, ask to put in a better PSU (eg. Corsair CX430W) - obviously they'll charge you but hopefully won't add more than £20 on to the original cost.

Head to members market, pick up a Radeon HD 4850, NVIDIA 9800GT etc for £20-25.

Windows 7 Home Premium, should be able to pick up a legit retail key (with discs) for about £60 on the classifieds or just get a OEM version for £70 new.

Total cost is around £420(ish) I reckon for i5 Sandy Bridge quad core, decent PSU and reasonable graphics.

If they won't upgrade power supply, then have a look for something like a Radeon HD5670.

Last edited:

asho808

Standard Member
Funnily enough i saw this on hotukdeals, so i bought it yesterday morning. The chipset is almost half the cost... Thanks for your advice probably will look for the Radeon HD5670 you reccommended as wont require mega graphics. People on the hotukdeals thread are suggesting the on board is ok unless playing at high res.

Cheers

Asho.

shadowboxer

No harm in trying the onboard but for playing at low settings and 720p then the onboard might be suffice just about.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom