Dell 2600 and PS3 what connection for HD?

nictry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just bought a PS3 to connect up to my son's Dell 2600 LCD and would like to make use of the HD potential of the TV but not sure what cable I need?

I know it doesn't have HDMI input so I assume I need an HDMI out of the PS3 and then do I need a DVI or a VGA connection to get HD? Also if I use either of these connections what carries audio to the TV as he does not have a separate amp for sound?

Thanks in advance :smashin:

You'll need to use a HDMI-DVI cable and pass the sound out via the composite cable that comes with the PS3 (the one with the red and white wires on), so long as you're not hoping for dolby digital or anything that should work fine.

You'll need to use a HDMI-DVI cable and pass the sound out via the composite cable that comes with the PS3 (the one with the red and white wires on), so long as you're not hoping for dolby digital or anything that should work fine.

Fantastic that is what I hoped, I just assumed that you couldn't plug in 2 different cables and expect it to output correctly to the 2600? Cheers for confirming

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom