Dell 2407 monitor and TVDrive?

dukester_uk

Hello :) .

I have just bought a Dell 2407 monitor and tried to connect it to my TVdrive. It works fine via component, but shows a garish green/yellow picture when I connect it to HDMI via a HDMI/DVI cable. The monitor is HDCP compliant. Does anybody know how I could successfully connect via HDMI, please?

JiveTalker

Standard Member
Hello :) .

I have just bought a Dell 2407 monitor and tried to connect it to my TVdrive. It works fine via component, but shows a garish green/yellow picture when I connect it to HDMI via a HDMI/DVI cable. The monitor is HDCP compliant. Does anybody know how I could successfully connect via HDMI, please?

Hi Dukester, I was planning to get a 2407 to connect to my TV Drive. Have you had any success yet?

Have you tried to output each of the HDMI modes from the TV Drive to see if you get the same result from all of them? I currently have my TV Drive connected to a 720P projector and the picture is noticably sharper when I output 720P rather than outputting 1080i and allowing the projector to do the conversion. However, in both scenarios the colours are fine. I've heard of people having picture alignment problems with the TV Drive and some plasma screens but not messed up colours.

Do you have any other HDMI devices to connect to your monitor? Do you also connect a pc via DVI-DVI?

dukester_uk

Sorry mate, I've been away. To answer your question, as far as I can remember I did try 720p and 1080i over HDMI with much the same result. (The 2407 is now set up with my computer, nowhere near the TVDrive). Unfortunately the TVDrive is the only HDMI device that I own, but yes, I do connect to my PC with a DVI-DVI cable. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom