Dell 24" widescreen monitor

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by woody67, May 17, 2005.

1. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Currently listed on their web site for £860 inc, but if you phone up you can get it for £648 inc. It has a 3 year warranty and has excellent reviews

Only problem is a quoted 45 day lead time, but I have read other forum posts in which the poster said they had been advised by Dell of delivery being much sooner.

2. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    They have raised the price to £1170. Do you think they'd still sell it for £648? When you say phone up, do you have to quote a reference number or can you just haggle by saying that friends got them for the cheaper price?

3. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes the price has shot up. But also the May 25% off promotion has finished too, so they may not be prepared to discount.

I understand that the previous £860 price was always promotional and so would have risen at some stage, but with the May discount it was available for £648.

I don't think you will get it now for the £648 price - you will have to haggle.

Despite the quoted leadtime, I got mine within 16 days

4. Dillon

Dillon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The strange thing is that Dell currently have it for $980 on their US web site, with a quoted 5-7 days delivery time. This is eqivalent to about £550 .

On the UK website however it is showing as £1173 with a 45 day lead time. A couple of quid here and there can be accounted for by differing distribution costs / VAT rates, but when the difference in price is £600+ it is frankly disgusting.

Nice one Dell (not). Rip off Britain anyone ....