Dell 2005fpw backlight issue

jasi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I just today received a new Dell 2005fpw I bought from Aria after having read that the backlight issues with it had been resolved. However, my screen still has quite bright patches in the bottom left and, to a lesser extent, the top right hand corners. Its a really nice screen apart from that so I was wondering, is this issue still normal for these screens or would it be worth my while ordering a replacement? Its a bit disappointing when watching something with a lot of dark scenes is all.

Thanks for looking! :)

think it never really was fixed for 2005fpw

Aria are also in the business of selling refurbs of these so may all be bad from them... Aria are cowboys.

If you are not happy with it return it under the Sales of Goods and Distance Selling Act. Do not complain about the backlight to them or they will have their 'PC engineers' look at it who will fail to notice to fault conviently and return it to you at your cost. I had this experience with Aria.

Thanks, yeah i had a suspicion it might be a refurb as the screen had no protector or anything and had smears on it where someone cleaned it with something. I just went with them because of the dead pixel check but I think maybe I will just ask for a refund then.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Jasi, I bought one of those screens and I really liked the widescreen, resolution and brightness - a lovely panel, but could not live with the backlight issue. I dealt directly with Dell, they swapped it out three times, and I still wasn't happy so in the end they swapped it for a 20" 4:3 monitor, fast response time, 1600 x 1200 and a little more expensive than the widescreen version.

There is still a slight backlight problem even with this one, but it is much better than the widescreen version, so I am sticking with it.

You could deal direct with Dell and maybe get a widescreen that isn't so bad, or a 4:3?

thanks lisa, yeah i think returning it under the distance selling act is a no go as aria say they won't accept it back if it has been opened (and I don't trust them to give me a refund anyway) so I might just contact dell directly then. To be honest the backlight problem isn't too bad so maybe i'll just stick with the screen as its great apart from that. I added a picture of the screen, perhaps you could take a look and see how bad you think the problem is compared to the ones you had.

thanks!

Jasper

pic

Attachments

• DSC00219.JPG
    DSC00219.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 47
Hi, yes very similar to how mine were (all three) if you can live with it then do so, I tried but after a while I noticed it whilst gaming and just thought I haven't paid £300 for this!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom