1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Dell 2001fp questions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by fizz, Nov 1, 2004.

1. fizz

fizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi guys, finally got my dell 2001fp through & was lucky enough to have no dead pixels first time round . Got a few questions though. First of all I can't seem to get the portrait mode working. The CD that came with it isn’t exactly user friendly and im not sure what some of the files on there are for. Secondly when I connect my NTL cable box to the monitor via svideo I get a fuzzy black & white picture yet when I connect my aiwa DVD player it works in colour. Would appreciate it if anyone that had any similar problems could recommend any fixes.

2. EpsomJames

EpsomJames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    For the portrait mode you need a graphics card that supports rotate. All the latest NVidia and ATI cards do but if you have an older card it may not. Try looking in the Display Properties for your adaptor (right click on the desktop > properties > settings > advanced) and look in there. You may be able to assign a shortcut so that you can press a key and it rotates.

I don't know about the fuzzy picture on NTL. I connected my SKY and DVD player via SVideo port and had no problems.

3. jgrg

jgrg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Hi fizz,

S-video connections appear black and white if the monitor doesn't recognize the input as S-video, but thinks it is composite. Is there a setup option on the monitor where you can force it into S-video mode? Or maybe the NTL box isn't emitting S-video signals. You may have to choose S-video in one of its setup menus. This is more likely to be the solution, since your DVD player works.

Cheers, James