1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dell 2001FP and watching DVD/TV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by xappie, Feb 25, 2005.

1. xappie

xappie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI all

I am considering purchasing a Dell 2001FP LCD monitor, but I am unsure about how it will work with my Xcard.

The 2001FP has a native resolution of 1600x1200, and has DVI, VGA, and S-Video inputs. I will connect it to my main video card with DVI for desktop use, but how can I connect it to my XCard?

Is there a way to get the VGA to output a 1600x1200 resolution? From my understanding, it will work best if the Dell isn't running at anything other than the native resolution.

Anyone else have a setup like this?

Any help is appreciated!!

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi :hiya:

You're right, the best quality is obtained when your desktop is the same resolution as the display. 1600x1200 is a perfectly standard 4:3 resolution so the graphics drivers should have that as an available setting.

3. xappie

xappie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So then I guess the next question is - is there a way to get the XCard to output at 1600x1200 on the VGA output??? I am doubtfull, but you never know.

From the Xcard faq.

What VGA RGB video output formats are supported?
    The REALmagic Xcard supports VGA RGB video output, scalable up to 1600x1200 resolution.

So what does that mean and how do I use it??? There are no settings in the player software that seem to offer that functionality.