Delivery

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DerekStevenson, Nov 23, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DerekStevenson

DerekStevenson
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there!

Black Friday is about to commence, and some of us rush to the store to buy new hardware, new PC or even Mac. But my question is not about ridiculous waste of money, it is about the way you get your package safely delivered to your house. What if you are from distant Australia or New Zealand, how can you get your parcel? Amazon tells you: get off, I don`t know countries like this.
    So please, share your experience or troubles, if you had some.

Cheers!

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,511
    Surely Australia or New Zealand have Amazon?

3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,987
    Believe it or not - They don't... or didn't a couple of years back when I tried to arrange gifts for family in Australia.

4. gbjbaanb

gbjbaanb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    They'll have their equivalent though (Alibaba?), and its far better to buy remotely for local delivery than buy locally and deliver it remotely - it can cost a fair bit.

I've only sent items to distant EU countries (Hungary the furthest), via an online courier - check their prices and drop it off and it all gets taken care of.

That said, Amazon has a page of delivery charges to Australia. Is that USA only? They are moving into Aus though, next year I reckon you won't be needing to ask.

5. DerekStevenson

DerekStevenson
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for replies, as for equivalent - it is not the same. Some goods (especially techs and gadgets)are much cheaper to get from the US than from other shops. I used package forwarding service, but it complicates ordering process. It`s nice to hear that Amazon is moving to Aus next year, and as for the page of delivery charges to Australia you mentioned: very few lots might use it. In most cases, it is restricted.