Delivery Reports on Orange

S

sjdeath

Hello all,

I've noticed i've been charged for delivery reports on my orange contract since 19th June.

I've just phoned orange to have a moan about getting charged and that i hadn't been told this was gonna happen. I managed to get credit for the delivery reports they've charged me for so far but they'll keep charging me.

I told him i'll not be renewing my contract with orange when it's due!

Is everyone getting charged?

luke_1983uk

that is terrible, do you know if you get charged for delivery reports on 3, been using them for the first 3months of my contract, hope i dont get charged

S

sjdeath

I dunno, i'd check your bill.

i'm so annoyed - i only upgraded at the end of may so i'm stuck with it till next year! The charge is only 0.9p (1p including VAT) per report but it soon adds up - especially if i use all of my 500 texts each month. I suppose i might as well turn the reports off :(

burnleypingu

Standard Member
sjdeath said:
I dunno, i'd check your bill.

i'm so annoyed - i only upgraded at the end of may so i'm stuck with it till next year! The charge is only 0.9p (1p including VAT) per report but it soon adds up - especially if i use all of my 500 texts each month. I suppose i might as well turn the reports off :(
Don't you think that turning off is the best way forward. They aren't really needed anyway :clap:

As for orange, I re-newed my association with orange in june and i still received bad cs so i just ring them, shouted a bit, mentioned the bad cs...and i disconnected monday! Easy!

If your not happy, sort it as it will only carry on p*ssing you off :smashin:

M

midtones

I only knew about the 1p per delivery report (does not come off free txt or minutes, it's actually charged) when I went to upgrade to a new dolphin plan.

To cut a long story short I terminated the upgrade and I'm back on my premier 600 plan, which SHOULD not have that charge, so I'm told by orange.

But with all the bad CS lately, I doubt they'll even get that right.

K.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
neilmcl said:
Excuse my ignorance but what is a delivery report in this context?
It is when you get a report back when you send a text message saying they have received it. You can usually turn it on or off or use RCT at the beginning of the message.

neilmcl

Jazz Monkey Jr said:
It is when you get a report back when you send a text message saying they have received it. You can usually turn it on or off or use RCT at the biginning of the message.
Sounds so obvious now, thanks :thumbsup:

burnleypingu

Standard Member
kavster said:
I only knew about the 1p per delivery report (does not come off free txt or minutes, it's actually charged) when I went to upgrade to a new dolphin plan.

To cut a long story short I terminated the upgrade and I'm back on my premier 600 plan, which SHOULD not have that charge, so I'm told by orange.

But with all the bad CS lately, I doubt they'll even get that right.

K.
I've just left orange after a long time because of bad cs, to go to another network provider and i'm happy with the deal that i've got :)

If you wanna know more, PM me :smashin:

M

midtones

Think I might be interested in the N93 on Voda, waiting for it to hit the shops :)

Orange have really gone downhill in the CS dept :(

K.

S

sjdeath

kavster said:
Think I might be interested in the N93 on Voda, waiting for it to hit the shops :)

Orange have really gone downhill in the CS dept :(

K.
I agree orange have really gone down hill. I had another problem last night - I had no network coverage on my phone for 4-5 hours, I tried to speak to someone on 07973100150 from my landline but gave up after being on hold for half an hour! I never used to have to wait to speak to someone!

I wonder if they can't handle the calls since taking on wanadoo broadband.

M

midtones

Yeah, I had no network coverage the other day, so rang the CS number, but Orange seemed to be totally down in my area and I got triple tones when dialling it from another network!

I have given up and gone with Vodafone now, much better CS so far. And the N73 is pretty good too :)

K.

S

sjdeath

Can you phone an automated service to find out how many minutes you've got left on vodafone? I think i'd miss that if I left orange

Jakeway

Novice Member
Just a quick Q. I’ve been trying to contact someone for a few weeks and they never answer. It’s becoming frustrating. I’ve never used delivery report, but I was wondering, if I turn it on and text him…

Will he know that I requested a delivery report or can he refuse a delivery report in anyway?

I want to ensure he gets my messages, and currently I am left in the dark. Maybe he just doesn’t bother with missed calls.

redcard

Just a quick Q. I’ve been trying to contact someone for a few weeks and they never answer. It’s becoming frustrating. I’ve never used delivery report, but I was wondering, if I turn it on and text him…

Will he know that I requested a delivery report or can he refuse a delivery report in anyway?

I want to ensure he gets my messages, and currently I am left in the dark. Maybe he just doesn’t bother with missed calls.
My advice? Move on, find a man who loves you like you love him.

Jakeway

Novice Member
That was actually quite funny... but I am disappointed at the predictability of it all.

If you want to make it big as a comedian like your heroes Allen Carr and Graham Norton. You need to work on Innuendo… Don't just jump on the allusive obvious.