1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delivery Question...Should box be sealed?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jimbono05, May 18, 2005.

1. jimbono05

jimbono05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just had confirmation from Sound and Vision that my new 32ZP48 is arriving on friday afternoon :thumbsup:

Just wanted to ask how the TV should be delivered....ie. the box should be sealed...yeah....and if its not should I refuse delivery and ask them for a brand new sealed one?

Also.....if it passes the sealed test....will the delivery guys take it out of the box and request that I check it over for scratches, marks etc....

This doesnt just have to be limited to S&V...what have other people experienced?

Thanks.

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Well, I would think that it would be sealed......but sometimes a piece of tape can come off when it is being manhandled.....but you can usually tell by the packing inside if it has been opened or disturbed.
    It is up to you to check the contents but if you don't have time just sign it "unchecked".
    The delivery guys won't unpack it unless you have paid for setup and installation.

3. SKH

SKH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought the same TV from the same dealer. Box was sealed. Extra bits I'd ordered, such as cables, were pushed into the box through gaps on the side (for lifting purposes!). I'd also ordered stands and they only left me with one pair (I'd ordered two). A few phone calls resolved this although it took a fair old while!

With regards to the delivery bods, I don't think they'll entertain the idea of unpacking the TV and helping you check for damage! They always seem to be in a big rush! Advice would be to check the delivery note thoroughly to make sure correct number of boxes (if applicable) are left with you.

Best Regards,

Sanjeev

ps. Good choice - cracking TV!!!

4. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    It's amazing what a couple of cold beers at the ready will do on a hot day! :smashin:

5. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I had my TV delivered by another company and the box had been opened but all the internal packing was still in place - the invoice for the TV was inside the box which is why they said it was pre-opened.

With the company I ordered from they do their own delivery for large items rather than using couriers and so they did unpack it but didnt set it up - just plugged it in and turned it on - it got snow on the screen and so they declared it worked.