delivery need to be upright?

james1961

Novice Member
Reaction score
SP46L6HX
I am thinking of getting one of these from Makro (£1175 inc VAT), but I have to pick this up myself. So the question above is relevant because I would have to lay it flat in order to get it home. Inquired about delivery from a couple of people local (name from the store) but with a 140 round trip they were quoting £80+. Now I would rather not pay this if I can lay it flat?
Thanks

you can do what you like, but bearing in mind they are quite fragile there is no guarntee it will get home in one piece, after spending all that money why take a risk,i would personally want it kept upright, £80.00 is a small price to pay to let someone else take the responsibillity

ijd said:
i would personally want it kept upright, £80.00 is a small price to pay to let someone else take the responsibillity

I agree. :smashin:

I heard that they're best kept upright. They're very sensitive to shock too. Get it delivered, better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the replies but I do not think the names given were dedicated TV delivery people, and so the TV could as easily be laid down with delivery from them. I think they were just local 'box' shifters and I do not know if they were even insured in case of damage. I will have to check this out with them i know your right in what you are saying but it is a good price and I was trying to keep it good, but even with the extra delivery it remains a competitive price.
Thanks

If you dont trust the delivery company then try hiring a van and doing it yourself. I did this on my 46' crt rear pro. Van hire is only £40-£50 for the day. :)

hutchys said:
Thanks Razor I will look at this it looks like the best way forward
Thanks

No problem mate, good luck. :thumbsup:

When I got mine from Makro I used a company called taxi-vans.com - http://www.taxi-vans.com/ They were very good and only charged £35 for a local trip. You can call them up on the day and they come out load the van and follow you back home. The only problem I had was as I eventually returned my SP46 to Makro I had to pay them again, £70 with nothing to show for it :(

Moved my SP50L7HX upstairs at the weekend. The only way we could fit it was to slide it up on its side. Used the bag it came in to protect the screen and tried to be as smoothe as possible.

Switched it on - perfect!

Not that I would recommend this to anyone else

Darren

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom