Delivering when they say they will!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Dr.Magus, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Dr.Magus

Dr.Magus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I rang the mail order company on Wenesday and they said my new tv would be delivered this afternoon (Friday), so I booked the afternoon off work, tidied my room and unplugged my old tv and shifted it into another room. I've waited in all afternoon and now evening and there's still no sign of my tv!

I tried ringing the mail order company but they'd just closed for the day.......F***!!!

I'm going to ring them first thing in the morning and give them a piece of my mind because i am so ****ed off.

Is this an uncommon occurence or has it happened to other people? Opinions much appreciated folks.

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,117
    LOL glad to know I am not the only one.

I have been trying to get a new piece of AV equipment for nearly 3 months now!!!!

I ordered a Panny AE100 in May from Unbeatable..... due to waiting lists I eventually got my order at the end of June. The order tracking said processing completed but in Unbeatable terms this means they rejected my credit card. My expiry date was wrong (as it expired in June) and although I had already corrected it in May they sent it with the old one.

I corrected it again and they sent it through with the wrong date again! They rang me the day before my holiday and corrected the date again and arranged to have it delivered on the day after I got back. During the time I was on holiday, they submitted the wrong details AGAIN!!! and then cancelled the order because they could not get in touch with me.

At the moment I am speaking to Empire-Direct to get a Panasonic TX32PL10 and even though I ordered 2 weeks ago and arranged to have it delivered last Thursday they still messed it up and now I am awaiting delivery next weekend (for free!!!).

Personally, I am getting a little fed up ordering over the net, was ok a couple of years ago, but now everyone is doing it the service has gone extremely down hill. Still the cost benefits still outweigh the frustration of trying to organise logistics.

3. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I ordered some speakers from QED a while ago. They called and said they would be delivered on a Wednesday morning. So, took the day off work. Speakers don't turn up. Call QED at 1pm, who say that speakers despatched, should arrive today, sorry they're a little late. Continue waiting. Call again at 6pm. Nowt they can do now, speakers should have turned up.

8.30pm, three whole hours after I would have got home from work if I had gone, they arrive...

If the company selling the stuff has any hand in the delivery of the stuff, then prepare for innaccuracies and misinformation. Left to the couriers, stuff usually turns up on time. Usually.

4. Dr.Magus

Dr.Magus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TV is now being delivered Monday afternoon!

They had better not mess about again!

:mad: