Deliverance (35th Anniversary) HD DVD

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Now processing with Movietyme :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see this in HD, should look fantastic :clap:

Bald Monkey

Novice Member
SQUEAL LIKE A PIG BOY !!!! :devil:

I ordered it on Blu-ray, only saw the movie for the first time a few weeks back.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Shipped today :)

Should get it just prior to release date, hopefully have it tomorrow.
None of this '2 weeks early' like the last couple of HD DVDs I've had off Movietyme :thumbsdow

MJeeves

Can anyone who has the HD-DVD tell me how it looks/sounds please?:thumbsup:

It looks and sounds the BEST it ever has, but don't expect it to like as good as "Transformers" or something modern. It's an old, low bugdet 70's film with a dull visual style. But the HD-DVD looks fine to me.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
It looks and sounds the BEST it ever has, but don't expect it to like as good as "Transformers" or something modern. It's an old, low bugdet 70's film with a dull visual style. But the HD-DVD looks fine to me.
I'd agree with that, much of the film was shot with a soft look so you wont always get that super sharp definition you may get with some other HD movies, but it still looks great :smashin:

irascian

Banned
Can anyone who has the HD-DVD tell me how it looks/sounds please?:thumbsup:

I was REALLY disappointed with it. OK, so I know the "washed out" look was intended by the director and I don't have any earlier versions to compare, but I swear that at times I'd have sworn I was watching a VHS copy :(

The reviews from the usual sites all give it top marks when its age is taken into consideration. I'm sorry but if Robin Hood or Casblanca can impress on high definition there's no reason why this couldn't do the same.

I'd seriously recommend trying to get a preview or rental before considering purchase.

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
As previously stated, it looks the best it will look in the home. Yes, its no Transformers or Spidey 3, but it isn't supposed to be. To me the biggest issue when watching a high def disk (of whatever variety) is that when you watch it you 'just know' you're watching a high def disk. There is increased detail and colour stability, but more importantly you can tell instantly that it is a high def disk, and i don't just mean when compared to the same SD disk.

If you're a fan of the film, then this is an impressive step-up over the sd version - go forth and purchase!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Jim Morrison

Overall I was rather disappointed with this release (BD). Whilst it's certainly the best I've seen the film look, as catalogue titles go its one of the worst I've seen so far. On only a couple of occasions did it feel like I was viewing a Hi-Definition transfer. For the most part the image lacked detail and depth and generally appeared soft/washed out. The supplements are quite good though, especially the retrospective interviews with cast and crew. Whether or not you'd ever want to sit through them again is another matter. So, one for fans perhaps, but not one you'd want to use to demo HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom