1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delighted but

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by kevantlin, Jul 11, 2004.

1. kevantlin

kevantlin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am the proud new owner of a 3805 (Yes i cant beleive i have actually got one in my front room) and a denon 2900 dvd palyer with kef 5005 speakers.

A couple of things though:

Everytime i switch on my tv (tosh 36" picture frame 2) and my amp in the morning i get the bottom left hand side of the picture discouloured (magnetic feild apparently). I know its not the kef 5005 as that is far away. The dealer syas it must be the amp which is directly underneath the tv. The strage thing is i swicth the tv off and on again after a short wait and all is fine untill the next morning. Has anyone experienced similar?

The next thing is according to the 3805 manual my playastation must be plugged into the sockets in the front surely an amp of this stature has sockets at the back for this, does anyone know where they are.

Other than that i absolutely LOVE my system.............and full credit to Creatve Audio in shrewsbury those guys are the benchmark for other dealer to strive towards..........fantastic prices with an even better service!!!!

2. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    I've got a Denon 3802, and use the vcr2/aux inputs for my PS2, it doesn't really matter what you plug in where, as the amp cannot identify the source, and the digital audio inputs can be assigned to any of the video inputs.

One of the criticisms of the 3802 when it was reviewed by the mags was that there were no front inputs for consoles, which I always found a bit odd, but I guess that some people don't leave them connected when not in use, in which case it would be easier than going round the back all the time.

As for the TV, have you tried moving the amp to see if it cures the problem?

Sounds like you've got a good setup there, the 2900 is hopefully going to be my next upgrade.

3. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I just use the VCR 2 input along with Optical 1 for my PS2 and this works fine.