Deleting

alan.b

Standard Member
i've always used DVD RAM discs, but, i am about to record on my panny DMR50, using-R discs, can i delete the adverts on these?:(

ROYOLD

Novice Member
Never used anything but DVD-R and DVD-RAM in my Panasonics.

However - according to this website the DVD-RW discs behave like a CD-RW. You must erase the entire disc and start over again. Only the DVD+RW discs can be edited like DVD-RAM. Perhaps you would be better off sticking with DVD-RAM - I don't think the Panasonics fare well with DVD+RW.

DVD-R use a different dye than DVD+/-RW and with DVD-R the recording is fixed. You can NOT edit out adverts after recording. Only erase the entire programme, and if you ERASE then the space erased cannot be re-used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD+RW

ChainsawDude

Novice Member
i've always used DVD RAM discs, but, i am about to record on my panny DMR50, using-R discs, can i delete the adverts on these?:(
No you can't.
These are recorded as dvd-video on panasonics so there is very little editing allowed even with dvd-rw, and you will get the WSS problem. I recommend you stick with dvd-ram.

Gavtech

Administrator
It would appear it is not possible.

To do it you would need to use partial erase and the manual implies that this is a RAM only function.

I believe whole title erasure is possible, so I dont know whether a possible workaround would be splitting titles up into programme segments and adverts , then erasing the ads... but it would be cumbersome and messy.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom