Deleting user details....

cooey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm looking to sell my UK PS3 and I need some help please...

I want to delete all my details (both user and Playstation Network details) from the console but I cannot see how to do it.... I've tried deleting my 'User' account, but it does not give me the option to delete it...

Please help :thumbsup:

I'd like to change my online userid - anyone know if that is possible?

sorry to post in here - dont mean to hijack the thread or anything ..:)

I'd like to change my online userid - anyone know if that is possible?

sorry to post in here - dont mean to hijack the thread or anything ..:)

Unfortunately no you can't. You will have to setup a new user name and PSN ID.

Guys, I'm looking to sell my UK PS3 and I need some help please...

I want to delete all my details (both user and Playstation Network details) from the console but I cannot see how to do it.... I've tried deleting my 'User' account, but it does not give me the option to delete it...

Please help :thumbsup:

Log on to the account. Highlight the username under the Users menu and press triangle. This will bring yp a number of options including delete. If you choose delete it will not only delete the usernam but any PSN ID's associated with it.

Log on to the account. Highlight the username under the Users menu and press triangle. This will bring yp a number of options including delete. If you choose delete it will not only delete the usernam but any PSN ID's associated with it.

Thanks

OK, I must be either dumb or blind.... highlighting my username in the user menu, I press triangle to show me the options and all it gives me is a thing for 'Information', thats it and nothing else

Are you logging into a sub account or a master account ? You can only delete by logging into the master account.

I don't have any sub accounts on my PS3 but I believe that is how it works.

I don't know what is going on then. When I go to the Users option at the far left of the XMB and down to the user account I am logged in with and press triangle I get four options. They are "Log Out", "Automatic Login", "Delete" and "Information".

This is weird.... I just set up another user and that allowed me to delete it with the options you have just said... deleted fine and tried again with my user account and it still just says 'Information' and doesn't give me the option to delete

The only other option is to reformat the hard drive to take it back to it's original state. This is not something I'm familiar with though.

Thanks for your help mate

OK, with regards to re-formatting the HD can anyone help? :) Will it restore it back to the original firmware?

If you don't get an answer here I suggest you do a search in google as the question has most likely been asnwered elsewhere on the net.

Thanks for your help mate

OK, with regards to re-formatting the HD can anyone help? :) Will it restore it back to the original firmware?

It wont alter the firmware as that is overwritten when you update, If you "choose restore PS3" in the settings menu on the XMB it will Re-format the HDD drive and return the PS3 settings to their factory default.

It wont alter the firmware as that is overwritten when you update, If you "choose restore PS3" in the settings menu on the XMB it will Re-format the HDD drive and return the PS3 settings to their factory default.

Thanks, will it also get rid of my user account details as well both off the console and the PSN?

Thanks, will it also get rid of my user account details as well both off the console and the PSN?

It will get rid of them from the PS3 but not the PSN. The PSN servers are independent of all the PS3's out there as it's a central database controled and run by Sony. However no one can access your details from there unless they know your username, PSN ID and password.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom