Deleting unwanted Channels on Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by asa_5, Aug 21, 2005.

1. asa_5

asa_5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Panasonic DSB30 box, all the channel are preset, for example Sky new is on channel 501 and bbc world is no 507.

I dont have sky subscription therefore, there are many channel I cannot view.

I would like to sort the viewable channels.

How can i do this? how to delete other channels

thanks

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    You can't delete channels from the EPG - unlikely to happen either AFAIK, the channels pay Sky to show their listing so they are hardly likely to allow users to delete them.

John

3. ParmMann

ParmMann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Your best bet is probably to set all your viewable channels as favourites.
    That way, pressing the blue button will take you from viewable to viewable channel.

4. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    But you'll have to be selective - the blue button favourites list is limited to 20 channels - and you have many more than 20 FTA channels available.

5. ParmMann

ParmMann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yeah the way I use the favourites is to assign one favourite channel at the start of a group of channels.
    So I have like BBC1 as a favourite, then don't need 2, 3, 4 or 5 cause I can just press up to get to those. SKY Movies 1, then just press up to get the rest. Sky Sports 1 and so on and so on.

6. ZippyCat

ZippyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    That’s the idea I had, but you have got to admit that the inflexibility of Sky’s EPG is very annoying. There seems to be more and more channels every month added, non-of which are worth watching and its only going to get worse. It’s got to the point where I am going to cancel Sky, as I can’t stand sifting through hundreds of channels. I really wish you could customise the EPG.

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The EPG is only as bad as you allow it to be, if you focus on it's short comings then you will never accept it or learn to use it well.
    You soon learn the EPG numbers of your favorite channels and you really have to be bored to channel surf the whole EPG although it does make an interesting journey as long as you are a subscriber and therefore have access to most channels:)

If the EPG layout is enough to make you consider cancelling then I would say that is just the most obvious symptom and you are not happy with other aspects of the service.