1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting off the HD3 and bitrate

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Belloni, May 3, 2005.

1. Belloni

Belloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone ... just recieved my HD3 :) Very good lol just some things :

Firstly how do i delete songs OFF the HD3 ?!?!

Also i highlightan album ... select convert ... click the 2nd box and set to 256km's or whatever (the higest one) lol does it ... nothing changes ?!?! It still says under bitrate next to the album 64 ... this is LAME !!! i want 256 on my HD3 and now all my songs are 64 on my sony since i just put them on ... need to delete and put on 256 PLEASE !!!!

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,232
    On transfer screen, choose album on HD3 side, then left arrow in middle to take album off.

When SS converts, it keeps original files, and places copy of album in new format in same directory. So, delete Atrac 64 albums. Then, File + import new same albums but Atrac 256 ones. When deleting, you have 2 options. Delete songs but keep files. 2nd is delete songs and files permamently.

3. Belloni

Belloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kk but when i put the cd in ... it put it straight into my library :S will i have to do this agai with EVERY album THEN convert :S:S:s me still cofused and how do i MAKE then atra 256 albums :S

4. Belloni

Belloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right its tranfering ALL my album back on again .. lets see if there 256 this time
    lool

5. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,232
    At top of SS, Tools - options - CD drive settings - CD importing - then click on button change format.

Then in CD importing, unselect auto import albums.

6. Belloni

Belloni

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kk doing it now ... this is gunna take AAAAAAAGEs at 256 !!!1 lol all nite with my cds ! oh well better sound :D

7. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Lol. Its pretty basic stuff really. You just need to fiddle about, get used to the software and how to use it.

8. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have all this to look forward to on may 20th!

9. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    If I was you, wilto, I would download SS 3.1 and rip all your CDs in advance.

10. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if i were you i would abandon ss for ripping cds and use cdex a free download and it will rip to mp3 at up to 320kb/s very fast. i have heard so many people with problems with ss that i never even tried it and kept the cdex program i have been using without a single problem for a year or so.

11. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    A well informed opinion then!! :D SS3.1 is fine for me. I haven't bought my Sony HD yet. But I have already started organising my CD collection, ripping via SS.

12. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,232
    I think with SS you need patience. Its more hardware intensive than other programs. I've posted this in other threads but here goes:

SS 3.1 can record in MP3! Now if you import in MP3 files into SS, I've found song title and album gets bunched together as song title in SS. MP3's made with Itunes. Weird as both support ID3 tags. Hmmm.

13. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well the opinion of a lot of people on this forum seems to be that it is rubbish so i dont see why not having directly experienced it, my opinion, based on far far more than a single use is any less valid.