1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleted Stargate Atlantis

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by sleepyone, Nov 22, 2004.

1. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    GAH! Went to watch last weeks ep of Atlantis last night and deleted it instead. :oops: :mad:

Can anyone help out with a video/dvd or anything. :lease: I have missed all the repeats on Sky Mix I think.

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I have HDTV rips of Episode 1-10 of Atlantis on a single DVD but you can only view them on a computer or Divx/XviD DVD Player, would they be of any use?

3. Adderson

Adderson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use to do that a lot,
    Tip. Anything on series link press blue to keep it, That way you have to press twice to delete, you can't really delete by accident!

4. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Indiana Jones that would be very useful yes, thanks for the offer. You have a PM.

Adderson, that would be true if I had Sky but this is on my Pana E85. You see I had watched SG1 on Thursday then got interuppted before I watched Atlantis. Fast Forward to Saturday night, realised I had watched/burned everything I had on the HDD so erased it all, 10 mns later realised I hadn't watched Atlantis yet :oops:

5. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doubtful. ;) Too big for one DVD. One DVD rip is approximately 4 GB.

6. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    not if they are DiVX, 350 meg per episode.

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Exactly, they are HDTV rips in Divx format at 350Mb each so 10 episodes fit onto a single DVDr with enough space left for another 2 episodes but only the first 10 episodes are available as HDTV rips so I have kept them on a seperate DVD.

8. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Had to explain the difference between a hdtv labelled xvid avi and a true transport stream capture of HD video. Friend of mine wasn't impressed with the quality of the avi after hearing me drone on about High Def for the last year.
    Basically pointed him to the difference in file size between the avi and .ts for the same 42 min program and let him figure out the rest himself:)

9. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    there are now 13 episodes of Stargate Atlantis, floating around the internet
    with a new one added every Saturday. (I download em all)

10. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry, but even with mpg4 compression such as xvid you're not going to get a 350 MB file. Impossible.

Don't be fooled by the hdtv in file names. The key is to check the native resolution.

For example:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Opening one of each, you find:

624 x 352 for the 350 MB "hdtv" file.
    [​IMG]

1,280 x 720 for the 3.5 GB real HDTV file.
    [​IMG]

Your 350 MB capture is nothing more than a capture from a digital satelite broadcast in NTSC, cropped a bit to give it the correct 1.77 aspect ratio.

I just want to set the record straight because I record them every Friday night in HD on my computer and there is no way you'll get 40 minutes of HD video in a 350 MB file.

11. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    The example for the 350Mb version you posted which has the Sci-Fi logo is a standard TV rip, not a HDTV rip. The HDTV rips I downloaded may not be in the original HDTV resolution but they were still taken from an HDTV source, alot of others shows are also available as HDTV rips including Alias, Enterprise and Smallville. It is true you are not getting proper HD quality but the quality of the Atlantis HDTV rips is much better than the standard Sci-Fi channel rips, the picture is alot more detailed and some of them have much better colour.
    I would do comparisons between the two types but I deleted all the standard TV rips of Atlantis when I downloaded the HDTV rips but if you want to post some shots from the standard TV rips and tell me the time the shot is from and which episode I will do some picture comparisons between the two.

In the mean time, here are some screenshots I took from the HDTV rip of the Pilot episode...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nah, thats ok. You have standard definition captures, I have high definition captures. I just wanted to set the record straight that a 350MB capture isn't high definition.