1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

delete converted atrac files

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ashley1980, Oct 26, 2005.

1. ashley1980

ashley1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    i have a nw-hd3 and ive been using sonicstage to transfer all my music,but i had the setting where after converting and transferring my music to atrac,it also keeps the atrac copy on my hard disc,which has obviously taken up space on my hard disc. I cant seem to find these atrac files to delete off my pc tho...i know im probably really stupid that i cant figure this out but can anyone help? :confused:
    ive tried deleting a track in sonicstage but this deletes the track off my pc altogether.Id rather keep the original wma file ...hope im making sense :rolleyes:
    all help gratefully received

2. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you right click on the track in Sonicstage-My Library you can choose Properties - File Info and delete the version of the track you dont want. I dont know if there's a "blanket" way of doing a large number of tracks though...

3. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,858
    Not at a PC with SS installed at the moment but from memory if you go into SS \tools\Options there is a setting where you can choose the path for converted files. think the default is C:\ program files\Sony\Sonic Stage\Optimised files or similar.

Just delete these files, does mean it will take ages to convert all the files again should you need to transfer again (if you re-initialised you HD3 for example)

4. ashley1980

ashley1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for both your replies
    ive managed to find them, unfortunately i have to delele em even tho it took ages to convert them, but i dont even have enough room on my hard disc to be able to defrag the pc properly....so something had to go :D

thanks again for the help :smashin: