1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delay times on the 32" Phillips 9986...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Kamakazie, Mar 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    what are they like.... anything bad enough to notice whilst watching footy or playing the occasional PC game or even fast paced action in a film??

cheers

2. zoidy

zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi,

I have the 9976 and I think the 9986 has the same 12ms timing. I haven't noticed any issues. You do tend to get some blurring when Pixel Plus and noise reduction is being used, but I use Movie Plus instead which is OK. PC images are perfectly sharp.

Pete.

3. Jepsen

Jepsen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That means you would have no problems watching Football on the 9986?

Or what?

I watch a lot of football and am not going to buy the 9986 if it dosent

show a decent football rally.

4. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    cheers guys, im a bit torn tbh.
    the 37" Panny Plasma is so much cheaper than even the 32" Phillips LCD.... and now ive heard that screen burn is not really an issue with plamsas these days i think im gonna go for one now instead.

thanks for the info though.

5. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That plasma isn't hd ready at all though (852 x 480 resolution)...and lcd is brighter so it's better visible in daylight, it's got a dvi connection as well.

6. zoidy

zoidy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi,

I dont watch football so I cannot comment on that, but I do watch a lot of fast action films and programmes and dont notice blurring. However blurring would depend on the quality of the signal you put through to the tv. You probably dont notice any degradation in Sky/Cable quality on CRT but you would notice it on an LCD. Maybe someone who watches footy on a Philips LCD can comment.

Pete.

7. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    llanowar, i realise the Plasma isn't HD compatible. Thats one of my major gripes with it.... the thing is, with a limited budget im not gonna find a screen that good that is HDTV compatable.

Id get the screen with a DVI-D connector though so thats not a problem.
    Hmph, i dont know what to do, if the Phillips was a bit cheaper then i might go for it but now im just thinking, if i can spend £1300 and get the 37" Panasonic then that about £500 less then the 32" Phillips.....
    decisions, decisions. Im not sure if ill even have the Panel in 3 years time which is about when it looks like HD might finally take off..... and by then HD panels will be even cheaper and more widely available aswell as Blue Ray players coming into my sorta price bracket.....

8. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    True, you might also just get the new sharp ga5e screens, though it doesn't have dvi. In the netherlands the panasonic doesn't have dvi either, interesting it does in england, i've noticed this with more screen, the netherlands is much behind on tv compared to other parts of the world :(

Good luck with your choice, i'm going for the 37 inch sharp personally...but for 1300 pounds you can't go wrong with the pana for now, that is if you know you might have to upgrade it in 5 years and you have no problem with that.

9. Kamakazie

Kamakazie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    aye, cheers

if i could really afford the 37" Phillips id definately go for it but i think it really is a bit above my budget.