1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delay through component

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mad Mikeyboy, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Not too sure where to post this thread so appologies if its not the right place.

When I connect my sky up to my home cinema system through audio component cable (which is my only option) there is a slight delay in the sound. Would I be better connecting from tv to cinema system or would there be no difference. Can't be bothered pulling all my gear out to try it so thought I would ask here first. It can be quite annoying as the lips are out of sink with the sound.

cheers.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It depends what equipment you've got. Unless you've changed your kit recently your home cinema system could only be connected via composite and s-video.

Sky Plus will output s-video but ordinary Sky will not.

The best way to connect a Sky Box is with a scart cable from the digibox directly to a scart socket on the TV and that way you shouldn't suffer lip synch problems (unless your TV is a plasma)

3. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yes your right, the cinema system is connected to tv via S-vid and audio into cinema system from sky is via composite cables. No sync problem when watching dvd only when watching sky listening to audio through cinema system.
    My Tv is a Sagem Axium dlp , don't suppose that makes any difference?

Oh and sky is connected to tv via a Thor scart.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I am not familiar with your Sagem set but having just looked it up on the net it does look rather tasty. If you have connected the Sky box to the TV with a decent scart cable that will be carrying both RGB pictures and sound to the TV.

If you use the TV's internal speakers to listen to Sky do you still have lip synch problems. If not try connecting up the pair of audio outputs on the TV to a pair of audio inputs on your home cinema system and and that should work.