• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Delay on new 17" Powerbooks

MadMaelstrom

Established Member
So decided over the weekend to go with a new 17" Powerbook. I've justified the price in my mind based on bootcamp, kinda means getting 2 notebooks for the price of 1.

Does anyone know the reason why there is a 4 week delay on these still?

Playalistic

Established Member
So decided over the weekend to go with a new 17" Powerbook. I've justified the price in my mind based on bootcamp, kinda means getting 2 notebooks for the price of 1.

Does anyone know the reason why there is a 4 week delay on these still?

I take it you mean MacBook Pro? Had a flashback to 2003 then! I guess its just taken time to ramp up production and ship them to meet demand worldwide. I'm waiting for mine too. Apparently they'll arrive "this week" so I'm told (by an Apple retail store employee)

baldrick

Prominent Member
I've justified the price in my mind based on bootcamp, kinda means getting 2 notebooks for the price of 1.

With the power of the new MBPs I very much doubt you'll need BootCamp, just get Fusion or Parallels then you can run any Windoze apps you might want as self contained apps straight out of your dock...

Digitalize

Banned
My Guess is they have to rebadge every 17" MacBook Pro :rotfl:

Greggles

Established Member
Personally I never understood the decision to change the name from iBook/ Powerbook to Macbook/ MacbookPro with the move to Intel. This is especially true with the iBook as the iMac continues after all.

MadMaelstrom

Established Member
With the power of the new MBPs I very much doubt you'll need BootCamp, just get Fusion or Parallels then you can run any Windoze apps you might want as self contained apps straight out of your dock...

Usually quite a pain. I work in IT mostly on MS Apps like Exchange Server and SQL Server so its sometimes more handy to actually just boot into the OS rather than use Fusion.
2x128Gb partitions will be plenty for what i need as i backup to a Windows Home Server anyways.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom