• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Delay on image from camcorder via firewire?

Yordanrhapsody

Novice Member
I have an old sony hc1 which is connected to a pc using firewire port

What I see on the pc monitor has almost 3 seconds of delay from the real time (at least on wirecast, which I use for that situation), I suppose because of some sort of buffering

I need to see in almost real time, is that possible? It's good in a lower resolution too

12harry

Distinguished Member
Maybe that's the Tech-price you pay for using Old camcorder, old connection and possibly old PC.
If you use a modern HD camcorder then HDMI to yr TV will be as close to Instant as you would wish . . . but HDMI is limited to short cables without some booster.
3 Sec is really poor - have you measured this, or is it a guess? ....anyway it doesn't matter - If you don't want it, you need a fix . . . . but I'm unable to advise, as I suspect it's using old kit that's at the heart of this problem.
Don't understand what you mean about Lower-resolution, it's far from clear to me.
+Wirecast... is this the signal from the camcorder?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom