delay on a Humax

snig300

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anything be done about this? when pressing a button on my Harmony one controller for the Humax freesat box such as changing channel or on the TV guide, there is a second or so pause before the box does the action, it has either got worse over the last year or it's just winding me up more lately but it's getting to be a real pain. as said I use a harmony one controller so it may be that or just the way a Humax is?

Can anything fix this :mad:

That depends on whether the machine's own remote control also does it.

That depends on whether the machine's own remote control also does it.

Sorry ,should have check that, yeah it's much better, so looks like it's the controller.

Should I re-post there?

That's OK, and you mean no, the original remote doesn't do it, or do it so much?
In that case do try asking in the Remotes forum about the Harmony - see you there.;)

Daft question: have you tried changing the batteries?

Yes, the Harmony shouldn't delay the signal (or they wouldn't sell many) and the Humax is not aware that the signal doesn't come from it's own remote. :confused:

Daft question: have you tried changing the batteries?

TBH I think this is the problem, it's not holding charge as long and think the strength of signal is a lot weaker too

Last edited:
Just to update the thread, I just rang customer services at Logitech (rude woman) and was told some Humax pvrs need different setting to work without the delay, seems strange as you would think the same settings would be good for the same box but apparently not, so she has reset my cntroler to the correct setting and it does seem to be working correctly now, so good result but she could have been more friendly.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom