Delay for Pink Floyd "Pulse" DVD

slackbladder

Established Member
Reaction score
Just in case people don't know there's a slight delay for the "Pulse" DVD. It's now 12/12/05 for Europe and UK and 20/12/05 for the US and Canada.
Link here.
Currently Amazon.co.uk still has 5/12 as does Play.com.

Whos to bet it'll slip to after Christmas/New Year.

I'll be gutted if it did (but it wouldn't surprise me).

Aaargh! Don't jinx it!! :rolleyes: If it does..aarrrgghhhhhh.

slackbladder said:
Aaargh! Don't jinx it!! :rolleyes: If it does..aarrrgghhhhhh.
This is getting ridiculous .....

Brain Damage are now reporting

The worldwide release has now been put back until the new year, with the title now scheduled to hit the stores on/around 16th January 2006. This will vary by a few days depending on the country of release.

Presumably, the authoring of the DVD, which was being finished off in the last week or so, has caused the delay, and meant that insufficient time was left for mastering and duplication in time for a December release.

I'm beginning to get a bad feeling here :(

What a bunch of pillocks! Why cant EMI keep their gobs shut until there is some DEFINATE news instead of this endless saga of dates & slippage! I mean this Pulse speculation has been going on for years :boring:

IanS said:
This is getting ridiculous .....

Brain Damage are now reporting

The worldwide release has now been put back until the new year, with the title now scheduled to hit the stores on/around 16th January 2006. This will vary by a few days depending on the country of release.

Presumably, the authoring of the DVD, which was being finished off in the last week or so, has caused the delay, and meant that insufficient time was left for mastering and duplication in time for a December release.

I'm beginning to get a bad feeling here :(
Like I said..AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!
A months delay! Well maybe they tried for a pre-Christmas release but could'nt make it. Bugger though. :(

Idoexist said:
Whos to bet it'll slip to after Christmas/New Year.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Looks like it has... Play now has 23-Jan! :(

Not read that on Brain-Damage.co.uk who are pretty good with this kind of info. Maybe Play.com are hedging their bets if Pulse slides some more. Will have to see if the Amazon date changes.
Looks like I'll be getting it at the same time as my 360!

There seems to be a few sites stating mid Jan for Pulse.... HMV and Woolworths :(

per-Sony-fied said:
There seems to be a few sites stating mid Jan for Pulse.... HMV and Woolworths :(
But which year? :(

We'll going by the delay it has seen so far... apparently originally due out March 2005 looks like 2006 is far to hopeful. There just buttering us up with enthusiasm for eventual release in the Summer (2007 :) ) :D

just received

Hello,

Thank you for placing your order with CD WOW!

We are writing to you with regard to your order for Pink Floyd - Pulse P Code 23059 I am afraid that we have been informed that this title has been taken off the realease schedule by EMI, and they have supplied us with no new data. This title will still be released, however it could be released as late as April 2006, unfortunately the decision is not with CD WOW but with the record company. We apologise to you for this but we have only just been informed ourselves.

If you are unwilling to wait and wish to recieve a full refund please reply to the E-mail confirming that you wish to cancel your order.

If you still want to recieve this product when EMI decide to release the title there is no further action that needs to be taken as, when we recieve stock we will ship it out to you automatically.

We at CD Wow hope that you will accept our apologies as this delay is completly outside of our control.

We really do value your ongoing custom and support and we look forward to assisting you again in the future.

FAARRRKKK!!!

Im betting that we will see a DVD from a reunion tour released before Pulse ;)

danvitale said:
FAARRRKKK!!!

Im betting that we will see a DVD from a reunion tour released before Pulse ;)

i doubt this very much, roger is very much on and off about this subject, nicely timed to coincide with his new "oprah" cd. i'm sure he could have taken a few hours off from rehearsals to attend the rock n roll hall of fame. and rick wright didn't even turn up for that. if i had spent 40 years in the music business and got inducted, i would make sure that i attended no matter what

dave doesn't seem to be interested in touring with floyd again, he has more than enough money, but he has his new cd out soon and wants to concentrate on promoting that instead, and perhaps a solo tour to follow

they were all offered some crazy money recently for an american tour and turned it down, and i'm sure plenty offers have been banded around in the past, even if roger wasn't going to be part of it

ironically it was roger who was sick of touring back in 77 that caused the band to split, but then he did his own big solo tours (for the money). in fact, they probably all have so much money that the only reason for touring is for the ego factor, which would be the only reason i can think off for doing a french opera, apart from being completely mental like syd

There was a bit of an edge evident at the hall of fame bash - when Dave effectively called Roger a passenger :eek:; whether it was on purpose or an accident, Roger didn't seem to chuffed.

huwg said:
There was a bit of an edge evident at the hall of fame bash - when Dave effectively called Roger a passenger :eek:; whether it was on purpose or an accident, Roger didn't seem to chuffed.

yeah, rog kept his distance though - 500 miles. wouldn've been good to see a real drunken punch up on the stage! that would've showed up ozzies arse bearing

i think if the bands are to get awards they should have all the living members on stage, particularly if they hate each other, so they can stand there with gritted teeth saying how wonderful things are

c'mon weller, when your inducted into the brits, bring on the rest of the jam and the style council! and get duet with girls aloud on see the day!

If it has been delayed further (after that wonderful press release from EMI), then we're much more likely to see a special director's cut of Bladerunner before PULSE.

If true, it's getting beyond a joke

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom