Deja Vu

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by raduv1, Feb 6, 2014.

1. raduv1

raduv1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,646
    I have dreams while asleep as we all do and most are distant memories and quickly forgotten . I sometimes have these really vivid powerful but out or reach dreams where I can only remember fragments. These fragments however stay with me in my memory , this is the hard bit as all come to pass in some fleeting way , a phrase, colour, building or an action I've seen before but never witnessed. These deja vu dreams feel completely different and they can be a jumbled mess of images and I don't see disasters before they happen or anything so bold , just random images I pick up on later. Anyone else get this ?

I should say that my most powerful moments I have had of this is a winning line on the lottery checked on an iPhone/galaxy? At work as I can see my paperwork behind as I check . That's the good news as the other was being stabbed in the face , eye to be exact . I even said " whut you do that for ?" And that was that . Well I hope one comes good ...and if so at least I can afford eye surgery.:rotfl:

2. hyperfish

hyperfish
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,928
    I've read that somewhere before.

3. raduv1

raduv1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,646
    Boom boom :rotfl:

4. Pisto_Grih

Pisto_Grih
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,306
    You "think" you've seen them in your dreams before, but you haven't - you only momentarily get that recognition just after the event.

I have the same thing, I think thats just standard deja vu.

5. wilbanat

wilbanat
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,541
    It's just a glitch, normal service will be resumed shortly
    You must of taken the Blue pill :cool:

6. reiteration

reiteration
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,297
    I had a surreal dream a while back, forget exactly what it was - but I wasn't able to name someone in the dream (I was having a conversation with someone about this person) - but the other person was able to tell me their name..!

7. SteakAndCake

SteakAndCake
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,994
    It's a memory glitch. Immediate memories or thoughts are sent to long term memory instead of short term which tricks the brain into thinking that it's current perception is a memory older than what is being perceived.

8. Geordie Jester

Geordie Jester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    I have a friend that got seriously into Lucid Dreaming. It's a very interesting area where you can train yourself to be aware in your dream that you are dreaming, and then decide what to do. People use it to practice scenarios/speeches etc. It has quite a scientific background too. people are able to communicate the outside world with their eyes. Essentially..once asleep use eyes to "look left, look right, look left.... pause for one....repeat" or something...as a signal pre-agreed wiht the researchers before the session. They eyes arent paralysed in sleep

Most people want to fly in their dreams. My friend was really bad at it (his own brain playing tricks)..... we used to joke with him that he is the only person that has to get public transport in his dreams !

:)

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreams: Amazon.co.uk: Stephen LaBerge: Books

9. Geordie Jester

Geordie Jester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    oh.... and an interesting task in a lucid dream is to find a payphone and ring yourself. Can get interesting results !