1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Degraded picture quality through E55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ScoobyWR1, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ScoobyWR1

ScoobyWR1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I have a minor problem; the picture quality when viewed/recorded is slightly degraded (slight interference/noise/film - if that makes sense) through my Panasonic E55. I had the same problem with my vcr! I am 110% certain that I have all the connections spot on. Any ideas? TV by the way is a Sony IDTV with aerial directly input to this then looped through to my dvd recorder. Could I improve this by buying better RF Loop cables?

2. JethroUK

JethroUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You haven't said how you're connected up albeit your r/f and that sounds like your problem - aerial should go source > recorder > Sony TV

3. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    The Freeview pictures from the IDTV are unlikely to be matched by those from the analogue tuner in the E55 even though the latter are usually pretty good.
    E55 DTT recordings from the IDTV will most likely have the disadvantage of not being made and viewed via RGB connections throughout.

For flexibility and to get the best results from the E55 you really would be better with a Freeview set top box connected by RGB scart to AV2 of the E55. Then connect AV1 to the Sony TVs RGB scart.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    What scart cables are you using? Low quality cables are frequently the cause of interference and are the first thing to upgrade if you have problems. The QED AV21 offers a decent price/performance ratio.

Yes seconded - get a decent Freeview box (Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic, Pace seem the best) - the advantage of this is you can then leave it entirely configured for recording, i.e. subtitles off, wake up timer set etc, whilst you continue to watch TV 'normally' via the IDTV.