1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Degraded PC signal

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tikboy, Oct 11, 2005.

1. tikboy

tikboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Our projector has a noticeable loss of projection power when i switch it to PC source.
    The PC source's overall picture is like 70% weaker. I can tell when i compare it to the menu overlay and with the video source.

I also tried diferent PCs & notebooks, no improvement. We've also tried different resolution settings and others.

we thought it was the bulb but again, the video input, menu overlay, & opening logo is normally bright. it is really the PC source that's bad. We've only used around 1/3 of the bulbs normal life span.

Anyone have any ideas?
    could it be the cable?
    ....the PC input circuit?

the projector is MITSUBISHI XD50U DLP projector.

hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Might be the cable. Are you running a long cheap one?? Could try moving the PC closer and running a shorter length.

Or it could be your graphics card settings. Right-click the desktop, click properties, click the settings tab then hit advance. You should have some gamma and/or brightness/contrast etc to play with.

I have seen some dual-display setups run the second output much duller than the first. I'm not that PC savvy so I don't know why but it could be that.

3. tikboy

tikboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

We are using the cable that came with it.
    We've also tried several different notebooks (PC & Mac), all with the same result.

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Might be worth checking over the PC input settings on the projector then. Gamma, that weird sRGB mode Mitsy PJs use, maybe even just brightness and contrast setup.