Quantcast

Definitive Technology launch Dolby Atmos speakers and new soundbars

stevebk

Steve very good timing, is this available in the uk ?
I am after a quality soundbar to go with the new Panasonic 55 oled, so I am very keen to have a look at the dimensions, and have a demo.

stevebk

kourosh

Distinguished Member
I guess that's the problem when there is no competition,they can dictate the price's

stevebk

Does the whole studio micro support 4K ? I cannot see a mention of any hdmi on their own website, or am I missing something :thumbsdow

mbmapit

Does the whole studio micro support 4K ? I cannot see a mention of any hdmi on their own website, or am I missing something :thumbsdow
The micro only has optical/aux inputs. The current studio has 1.x HDMI ports but there is rumour of an updated 4K version.

mbmapit

Steve very good timing, is this available in the uk ?
I am after a quality soundbar to go with the new Panasonic 55 oled, so I am very keen to have a look at the dimensions, and have a demo.
Definitive Technology is distributed in the UK by Pulse Cinemas (www.pulsecinemas.com) who have hundreds of dealers around the UK so a demo would easily be possible.

Just FYI the Amazon sellers are based abroad and if brought through them there could be problems trying to claim the excellent 5 year warranty. Not to mention the prices are wrong.

stevebk

Definitive Technology is distributed in the UK by Pulse Cinemas (www.pulsecinemas.com) who have hundreds of dealers around the UK so a demo would easily be possible.

Just FYI the Amazon sellers are based abroad and if brought through them there could be problems trying to claim the excellent 5 year warranty. Not to mention the prices are wrong.
Stone Audio is near me and I see it is now on their Website, so I will most probably be giving them a shout nearer the time. I am not ready to purchase for a few months but I want to be knowing what soundbar will meet my standards, audio quality wise and dimentions wise.

mbmapit

Stone Audio is near me and I see it is now on their Website, so I will most probably be giving them a shout nearer the time. I am not ready to purchase for a few months but I want to be knowing what soundbar will meet my standards, audio quality wise and dimentions wise.
I can vouch for the audio quality of both the soundbars. I have a Studio in my office/spare room/gaming room and it's excellent.

mikelj

@Steve Withers Is the wireless audio capable of supporting HD audio or just up to Dolby Digital Plus like the WiSA standard - or is DTS Play-Fi actually based on the WiSA standard?

Dunners

"...the brand is the number one high-end loudspeaker manufacturer in the US"

Uhha.
There's a throw-away line in a press release if ever I read one.
Any stats to back that one up?

Also -mikelj, PlayFi and WiSA are not related.
Having used both, at this point I would suggest that WiSA has the most potential - especially if the 'hubs' are baked directly into TV's.

Steve Withers

Reviewer
@Steve Withers Is the wireless audio capable of supporting HD audio or just up to Dolby Digital Plus like the WiSA standard - or is DTS Play-Fi actually based on the WiSA standard?
I don't have much experience with Play-Fi but I know it supports lossless audio transmission and high-resolution audio (24bit/192kHz).

Trending threads

Top Bottom