Definitive Panny AE500 with PS3?

Flanners

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I wish to connect my PS3 to my Panny AE500 via an HDMI to DVI-D cable. Does this work??? Can anyone tell me it does before I buy the cable.

Alternatively I could use component? Can someone explain what component cable I would need HDMI to component?

What other PJ could I connect to Ax100 or AE1000?

Cheers

Yes a ps3 does indeed work fine with an AE500 via Dvi just set the ps3 to output 1080i or 720p. I used a 10m dvi cable with a dvi to hdmi adapter at the ps3 end.

Bad news is you might end with the upgrade bug and long for full HD 1080p, I know I did ;)

Cool, will this be better than Component?

So if I go the digital cable route, it is definately a DVI cable with an HDMI adapter? Sounds good as some peeps were getting problems with an HDMI/DVI cable. I think I will do what you have suggested I have no interest in running sound on the HDMI cable.

Cool, will this be better than Component?

So if I go the digital cable route, it is definately a DVI cable with an HDMI adapter? Sounds good as some peeps were getting problems with an HDMI/DVI cable. I think I will do what you have suggested I have no interest in running sound on the HDMI cable.

Yeah digital will be the best route for your ps3, You could use an dvi to hdmi cable or an adaptor.

The only reason I choose the adaptor route, was that I already had a dvi cable in place that I was using for my dvd player, so didn't have to buy a new cable just a £10 adaptor.

Ok cheers, why do a lot of people have trouble with this, or maybe just a few who have posted?

What do I have set the PJ to? Is it EDID1/2 or will it do it all?

Also did you have any success with the PS3 upscaling of DvD function via this route?

Ok cheers, why do a lot of people have trouble with this, or maybe just a few who have posted?

What do I have set the PJ to? Is it EDID1/2 or will it do it all?

Also did you have any success with the PS3 upscaling of DvD function via this route?

As soon and you connect it should be fine. but your pj should be on EDID1

You only use EDID2 if you are 1:1 pixel mapping 720p via dvi to get 720wide.

Not sure about the upscaling on the PS3 as I only use mine for Blu-ray and games, I use my Oppo for dvds.

Not sure why people are having problems might be the cables they are using. I use a 10meter Lindy dual link and have never had any problems with ps3 or SkyHD.

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom