Definitive 32in LCD list @ £250 to £450. Contributions needed...

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by bmxhag, Jan 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bmxhag

bmxhag
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everybody,

I've been working my way through these forums for a while now and my mind is constantly being changed. I need help and I think this forum needs a central thread where all us confused people can find a good up to date list of what we could or should get in this price range.

The problem I have had so far is chopping between should I get a non brand name screen for around £300 or a budget brand name for around £400. Which are best, which have problems, where can we get the best price etc.

I presume people looking within this price range are after the same as me: a half decent tv that will show freeview at an acceptable standard, do well when hooked up to an xbox/ps3, be reliable and not break the bank.

So far I have stumbled from looking at the Acoustic Solution sets at Argos (when they were on offer), the Hannspree GT, Tecos and Mirai sets. Then to sets such as the Sharp LC32AD5E and the LG 32LC56. And now back again.

I guess what I'm asking is what are the best non brand name sets in this range that would be worth getting. And what what are the best brand name sets that justify £100 more.

Help us. Lets make this THE definitive thread for all LCD screens in the £250 to £450 price bracket.

:lease:

2. s1hastie

s1hastie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    stay away from the hannspree etc,

The 50+ pages about problems people have had on here should tell you that.

Do what I did save a bit more and get something decent.

3. KUBBY

KUBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    How about the Samsung Le32r87 at BE DIRECT for £444 delivered?

If not try a price comparison site for 32" lcd tv,such as Pricerunner,Nextag etc.

KH

4. bmxhag

bmxhag
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the start and advice there guys. I'm beginning to figure out that the non branded screens are very hit and miss as to whether you get a good set. Having said that you do hear some very favorable reviews from time to time.

I appreciate that pricerunner etc are very useful. My only issue is the huge scale of choice that its very hard to know which sets to even bother looking at. I know most samsung, tosh, sharp, sony and panny screens are always going to be good but even if you limit yourself to just those brands the choice is very hard to fight through.

Beyond the two sets I have already mentioned, any other specifics to check out?

5. dhil1on

dhil1on
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bmxhag im in the same boat as you! As mentioned before definately stay away from the Hannspree and any other such makes your just asking for trouble unless your really lucky.

That samsung from BE seems a good deal, I too posted a thread and asked how it compared to the LG 32LB7 and also the Sharp you have mentioned and the Toshiba32C3035 but i'm still confused! so this would be a very helpful thread!:thumbsup:

6. bmxhag

bmxhag
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the encouragement. I decent list of good screens that aren't about to go out of production is really needed. Pannys, samsung and sony sets seem to be in the upper price range area or are very basic models in this price range. Seems to me sharp, lg, toshiba etc are more affordable. Any opinions on these brands and models available?

7. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    My reccomendation is Sharp LC-32AD5 which costs beloe £400 and has very positive reviews