• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Definitely Maybe - Remastered

jjgreenwood

Prominent Member
This arrived yesterday from Amazon. I have to say someone has done a very good job on this. Its never going to be a HIFI showcase album but listening to the remastered versions next to the 1994 version makes me realise how little care actually went into the production of the original. The drums sound like drums, the mix is better separated and liams vocals sound more natural. On my rig in the sig it makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of listening to it.

The extras are predictably meh, most oasis fans will have most of the tracks by now and what is left is more a curiosity than anything else. I won't be replaying either of the other discs a huge amount, although the live performances are good.

If you didn't like it before this won't change your mind, but its by far the best sounding oasis album yet. The next one is WTSMG and that should be a real treat if this one is anything to go by as that one had the nuts compressed off it.

IanW1977

Prominent Member
I'm after this. Digital download. Anyone downloaded music from the play store ? I have only ever used I tunes but google play is £2 cheaper.

jjgreenwood

Prominent Member
I'm after this. Digital download. Anyone downloaded music from the play store ? I have only ever used I tunes but google play is £2 cheaper.
Just check the bitrates offered, I don't know how easy that is on the play store. Still best to buy the CD and rip it if you can - comes in a nice book too!!. I ripped mine to flac.

J.J.GITTES

Distinguished Member
This arrived yesterday from Amazon. I have to say someone has done a very good job on this. Its never going to be a HIFI showcase album but listening to the remastered versions next to the 1994 version makes me realise how little care actually went into the production of the original. The drums sound like drums, the mix is better separated and liams vocals sound more natural. On my rig in the sig it makes a huge difference to the enjoyment of listening to it.

Sorry I am with Liam on this one for the first time ever , it's a album that doesn't need remastering because the creation label vinyl is perfect and the album was perfect because it created what know other album In history has ever done and that is recreate a bands live performance for a studio album with a meaning and soul that has been lacking in music for so-so long , so screw the idiots who think it should be mastered for HiFi systems , it's not about that , it about a time and a place and boy do I miss it.

Comparing the creation label(1994 release) to the new one and there is no contest , the 94 is perfect , the remaster is so focused on the top end it is very hard to listen to , so sorry have to disagree.

As for Morning Glory and Be Here Now they are different stories all together.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom