1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Definative answer need about Sky RGB --> NEC VT440 RGB

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Simon55, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Simon55

Simon55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i just cannot seem to find a definative answer anywhere about how to do this, at the moment i am feeding composite from my panny sky bo into the projector, i am feeling this really isnt showing the quality up too well as DVD via s-video looks superb!

Basically the VT440 has RGB in thru a computer D-Sub input, and the sky box has RGB out via a scart socket, how do i connect the 2? as i always found RGB to be great on my TV and would love to use it now :)

I will even make a cable if they dont exist if someone has a pinnout!

Cheers

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Simon,

You have two options :

Buy a rgb to s-video converter from rgbtosvideo and plug that into your av amp. Do your av switching from the amp. This will also allow you to tape from your sat box if you have a s-vhs machine.

The other option is to buy a scart to vga amplifier from www.Keene.co.uk (I'm not sure what they call it) and feed the signal directly into your projector. This option won't work if your projector isn't up to handling a 15kHz (interlaced) signal on it's vga input. Check your manual to see.

Search around and you'll find some recent references to these things.

Brian

3. Simon55

Simon55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thnaks for that, i have requested a catalogue from them as i cannot see the RGB-VGA amp on there?