1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Definatelly the time to...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by CAS FAN, Oct 24, 2004.

1. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Own every system! I can't really remember a time where owning all of the consoles and a PC was such a must! Every system has some amazing, first rate games coming out for it over the next 6 months or so and to ignore even one of the games platforms means that you lose out somewhere. Having said that, finding the time to play all of these titles may be tough - but somebody's got to do it :D .

To highlight the point we have :

PS2
    - PES4
    - GT4
    - GTA - San Andreas
    - NFSU2

XBox
    - Halo2
    - PES4
    - Forza Motorsport
    - NFSU2

GC
    - Metroid Prime 2
    - Resident Evil 4
    - Paper Mario 2
    - Pimkin 2

PC
    - Half Life 2
    - Football Manager 2005

+ stacks of other great titles that have come out over the past few months such as - Burnout 3, Outrun2, Star Wars Battlefront, The Sims 2, Rome Total War, Animal Crossing, Doom3 & Fable.

This is just something that has hit me recently, where as I was previously happy with just a PS2 & PC and would pass up on the odd essential title that came out on other formats, this is no longer the case. There is simply too many quality titles coming out for the X-Box & GC now that I personally have had to sucumb to them both. The low prices of the consoles also helps :) .

Have most other people found that they have now become a 3 console person (perhaps if they weren't before)?

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    :rotfl: Notice how EVERY title (except for Forza on the XBox) are all sequels?

Bit sad really!

3. leedavies

leedavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Definitely time to start putting a better title on your postings... title should tell us what the posting is about so we don't have to click every posting to find stuff we want to read... :lesson:

4. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    But if you just keep your pointer hovering over the title it will show the first few lines of the post, so you can then see if you want to view it or not ;)

5. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    yes,it also shows you spoilers about games that havent been officialy releasesd yet! :mad: we dont need these!

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,850
    Yes very true. Personally I don't mind sequels as long as they are good and offer something new over the previous versions (something EA don't seem to have grasped!). People do get excited by the big name sequels (Halo, PES, GT etc) and they tend to sell well too.

I guess it's also the fact that it's very, very difficult for developers to make the first game exactly how they want it and you tend to find that they learn from each game to eventually produce something that's spot on! Personally i'm glad that Konami didn't just release one PES on the PS2 as each subsequent release has been a dig improvement over the last.

On the other hand, I guess delevopers are less willing to take risks with new innovative game ideas incase they flop. That's the same in most industries where product development costs are high though - i.e. the film & motor industries.

:D it got you in though didn't it. My apologies, life must be so hard for you though having to click on numerous threads until you find something to interest you.