Defiance cancelled - not renewed for season four

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
In a statement, Syfy commented: “‘Defiance’ was a truly groundbreaking series, delivering an immersive, cross-platform experience that transcended the television screen in a way that viewers had never seen before. We are incredibly proud of the work of the extraordinary cast, writers, artists and designers — and especially showrunner Kevin Murphy — who together brought the rich world of ‘Defiance’ to life over its three season arc.”

In the US, after delivering good ratings on Mondays during its first season in 2013, “Defiance” fell off sharply in its move to Thursdays in 2014 and then again when it shifted to Fridays this summer. Its Aug. 28 finale averaged a 0.51 rating in adults 18-49 and 1.925 million viewers overall in Nielsen’s “live plus-3” estimates.

Defiance (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm surprised this ever got past the 1st season. Not that I thought it was particularly bad, just not that good and it seemed primed for cancellation.

I might revisit this as I've only seen half of season one I think as I assumed it was cancelled and moved on.

We enjoyed it.

I did too, it just had the air of something to be cancelled and with so many shows on my planner and on Netflix sometimes I have to let some go.

I watched the first series and thought it was ok, started to watch the second but gave up quite soon as I wasn't really enjoying it all that much.

I didn't like the changes that they made to the characters or the intoduction of the ruling human military.

I'm not sure the 'immersive, cross-platform experience that transcended the television screen in a way that viewers had never seen before' was much of a success. A failed MMO video game and not much more as far as I know.

I've watched it all so far, but I do find the acting pretty bad!

Good news in one thread (Teen Wolf) and then bad news in this one. I thought s3 was excellent and the others were good as well. Syfy are fast becoming a don't watch channel for me as they keep binning off series that I like. Just read that the brilliant Dominion isn't going to be renewed either.

It does seem that way, most sci fi tv shows seem to only last a few series and then get given up on. Not sure if that is unrealistic expectations from the tv companies or just people get bored of them fast.

I thought it was quite dreadful tbh

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom