1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deffierence between PVR1 PVR2 ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Stevvie, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Stevvie

Stevvie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just been onto Sky about the poor picture quality of my AMSTRAD box. It has some faint contrasty horizontal lines. After going through it all with technicall I was put onto a guy in installation who is under the impression (after he got me to describe the box) I have a PVR1, and should have had a PVR2 installed last monday 18th october. Can anybody actually tell me the difference. Thanks

2. stevestarr13

stevestarr13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same lines on my Plasma but not on any other sets in the house. I have changed up to a QED Squart scart but not much improvement. This is my second box since getting installed last Saturday, both amstrad, both crap picture quality. Guy who put second one in said the only surefire way to get a pace box was to go to Currys etc and buy a package there. For us poor souls upgrading we have what Sky gives us and there's no chance of a Pace box in this area.

3. Stevvie

Stevvie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mines slightly different problem to yours then. As I get these lines on the main TV through a THOR scart cable and also through BOTH RF outlets. I was under the impression that the PVR1 was a dark gray/black with silver accents. Mine is white with the buttons on the left and card slots on the right. If the engineer installs the new one on monday and it's amstrad and it has the same poor picture and lines, I'll get him to ring sky. I'll also get in touch with trading standards as the box is then unfit for the purpouse that it was sold. Sky are banking on people just giving up and not following it through. I have now got into the habit of recording ALL my convisations with sky as I get different replies from different people.

So can anybody say if the amstrad is a PVR1 or PVR2.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Well tradition says that the PACE silver/black SKY+ is version 1, the white PACE is version 2 and the Amstrad is considered to be version 3.