1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defend your favourite film

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dUnKle, Aug 10, 2000.

1. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    Over in the General forum I have started up a thread called GOOD AND BAD IN EVERYTHING.

The idea is for you to say which films that you like that practically everyone else hates and explain why.

U can also say which supposedly good films u dislike and again why.

Lets try and get some kind of friendly argument going on over there. Give us all a laugh.

Check it out and see why I prefer WING COMMANDER to AMERICAN BEAUTY

[​IMG]

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a real problem with 'The Matrix', everyone seems to love it but I think it's dire. It's just a rip off of countless better films, and what the fudge is that ending about when Neo suddenly comes back to life!? I was expecting so much more... I couldn't help but laugh when Larry Fishburne says in an interview 'it was so original' PLEASE!

------------------
    Richy B

Visit http://www.r2dvduniverse.co.uk to see what's just been released on R2 DVD each week

[This message has been edited by Richy B (edited 10-08-2000).]

3. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    I thought that the Matrix was pants too.
    My 2 most disappointing films of all time are Alien 3 and Highlander 2. Why ?

Alien 3 - You find out half way into the film that Ripley is going to die, while the other survivors from the second film are dead even before the film starts.

Highlander2 - Forget Highlander 1, these guys weren't born immortal they are actually outcasts from the planet Zorg.

4. Watto

Watto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Woah, I'd forgotten about Highlander II, probably by choice!

That was one bad film, what WERE they thinking? And all that eighties crap about the ozone layer-oh boy!

The studios really managed to burn that franchise to the ground didn't they!
    Highlander I- we're immortal, there can be only one.
    Highlander II- forget about highlander, that whole "only one" thing was just a larf, take us to your leader.
    Highlander III- ok forget about highlander II and the whole point of the original, there can be only several, and that question mark ending leaving it open for ANOTHER sequel... classy(!).

Worst sequel ever?

Probably...

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the view of the Matrix depends on what your expectations were going into the movie. I went to see it expecting nothing, to be honest most of my mates never saw the movie as they went instead to see The Phantom Menace - Which I think was pant`s(just a set-up movie for the next film).

I therefore was suprised at the movie`s content`s, and yes - to me expecting nothing it was original.

At the end of the day some people have different views of a movie depending on what they are expecting, look at TPM....

------------------
    It`s going to happen...oh yes.

6. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,319
    great points and just the kind of thing im looking for. Could u please go to the general forum and add them to the argument going on over there