Default BBC1HD to 101, ITVHD to 103 etc

faz1964

Established Member
Reaction score
Now we are getting more HD channels I wonder when will Sky move the HD channels to where the current SD variants are on the EPG, eg

BBC One HD to 101
ITV1 HD to 103
Channel 4 HD to 104

Then I will not have to remind the wife to retune to the HD variation of the channel:rolleyes:

Will the regionalisation of the channels be a stumbling block?

If only but i doubt it knowing sky

There are many threads and posts on this topic.

There is a mechanism for substituting HD channels for existing SD ones, it is called simulcast.
Sky should have implemented it long before now.

Now we are getting more HD channels I wonder when will Sky move the HD channels to where the current SD variants are on the EPG, eg

BBC One HD to 101
ITV1 HD to 103
Channel 4 HD to 104

Then I will not have to remind the wife to retune to the HD variation of the channel:rolleyes:

Will the regionalisation of the channels be a stumbling block?

Regionalisation is one issue because the is only one BBC1 HD variant at the moment and only 6 out of the 11 regions for ITV1 HD.

I hope they do.
I hate going to the epg to look for the HD channels haha, im too lazy to memorise them.
the only HD channels ive memorised are Discovery HD, Nat Geo HD & All the Sky Movies HD Channels :D

Simply put all your HD channels into Favourites.

If only but i doubt it knowing sky
They are actually known to be consulting with other broadcasters about possibly doing this! It is NOT a change Sky could make on their own!

It's pretty silly that we can't arrange TV stations in our own order with the Sky box (TVs could do it years ago).

I also find it incredible that ITV hasn't sorted out a deal with their regions, who's kidding who here?
I live in the UTV area and when I want to watch HD I have added it myself and use that, nothing actually stops me getting an ITV show in HD if I want it, it's a really stupid annoyance but that's all.

This whole 'EPG' business really is ridiculous, so many obvious petty commercial interests standing in the way of treating consumers properly......and it's not as if there's any sort of 'auto adjust' when programs over/under-run, oh no, that's an additional expense nobody is prepared to pay.

Much as I have enjoyed years of Sky & Sky HD there are several annoying features about it & I really am wondering if its worth the almost £60 a month for their world package.
It's only TV.

The EPG business is down to the facts that certain channels have to be at the start, and many other providers pay a lot for their positions on it and don't want anyone messing around with it.

It's pretty silly that we can't arrange TV stations in our own order with the Sky box.

This whole 'EPG' business really is ridiculous, so many obvious petty commercial interests standing in the way of treating consumers properly

Er, it's those "petty" interests that pay for the whole thing :eek:

......and it's not as if there's any sort of 'auto adjust' when programs over/under-run, oh no, that's an additional expense nobody is prepared to pay.

Er, yes there is ... although admittedly not all broadcasters use it particularly well (Eurosport, I'm looking at you :nono: )

Regards

A broadcast schedule is just a vague starting point for Eurosport,and I doubt they know of the existence of the epg.

A broadcast schedule is just a vague starting point for Eurosport,and I doubt they know of the existence of the epg.

I'm sure Eurosport would defend their schedule changes by saying they are being flexible in order to fully cover unexpected overruns etc in live sport.

I agree though that updating the EPG could be much better.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom