Def techs / Energy Take 5

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Leeray3, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Leeray3

Leeray3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Guys

Quick one for ya.

Can anyone recommend a dealer for the Def Techs pro 80 or the Energy Take 5 system.

I have look around the various shops in Tottenham Court road and have managed to get a price of £800.00 for the Def techs.

I could not manage to get a price for the take 5 package though.

Does anyone else know a good price for either of these packages?

I am ideally looking at sub/sat packages and they have to be black. I had a look at the KEF Eggs and thought they sounded good but looked horrible. They are much bigger than I imagined.

Not sure if anyone has any other ideas.

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All Sevenoaks Hi-Fi branches sell the Energy Take 5 System. RRP is £599 inc. the sub. Most Sevenoaks branches will have ex-demo systems available for less though. :)

3. Leeray3

Leeray3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers for that.

I have heard a lot of people talk good about the sevenoakes stores but I just popped down to a Sevenoakes hi-fi store in London and was a little dissappointed.
    They had the Energy Take 5 system which I have to say looks smaller than I imagined. when I asked the guy for a demo he said that he would not demo them for me if I was going to go and buy them cheaper elsewhere. I told him that I wouldn't buy them at all unless I heard what they sounded like. He told me to come back next week and he might set them up.

So no sale there!

I was looking to buy the denon amp as well which they sell also, so the guy has lost a sale now.

I only asked if they priced matched.

Can anyone else recommend another store?