• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Def Tech in wall speakers price rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuggy

Looks like we are heading for the bad old 90s again where all manufacturers target the UK for premium pricing. I have seen this in several areas recently eg pioneer amps.

Here is the latest "offence" :nono:

I was looking for some def tech in wall speakers in specific the UIW rls 11 in walls.
Price in the US $599
price in the UK £799

It is patently ridiculous. I do not care what their overheads are. How are these transported over the atlantic? On the back of genetically engineered mermaids?

The last time this happened it took a concerted mass action media newspapers etc to bring the UK nearer equity.
I think we all have a duty to shout loudly at this profiteering abuse of the brits!!!
As for those who will say just dont buy them. Thats all fine and well , but this kind of thing is the thin end of the wedge . Next it will be your bread and milk that are uk-up-profited.
( Im proud of that new word. God I feel better for that:D)

Come on lets name and shame the offenders.

KUBBY

Hi,

I appreciate your sentiments and the"Genetically Engineered Mermaids" is a very humorous picture to conjure up.

However,I don't think that "Naming and Shaming" is appropriate to this Forum.GC Maybe,but not here.

Why? because we all use search engines to get us the best prices for what we want and avoid the obvious profiteering that you refer to.Those sites with the best prices consistently get used and linked.

So while I'm glad that you feel better perhaps GC is the Forum to use.

Regards,

K.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom