Deep Water (Amazon 4K HDR) Movie Review & Comments

Suffered through this last night. First things first, for a so-called "erotic thriller" it's tame as. There's a single shot involving Ms Armas's naked upper body and that's it.

First hour was quite interesting (aside from Ben Affleck with a fixed annoyed expression) as it was teasing a
"is he bumping off her suitors or are they misdirecting us?". He said that he'd hit the victim with a hammer but the body was found with gunshot wounds, that kind of thing. Unfortunately they resolved that way too early and the second half of the film was much more prosaic. The ending "chase" was absolutely ridiculous which didn't help proceedings.

poor score on IMDb
IMDB score is completely irrelevant for films released after 2000, as looking at it you'd think all the best films in the history of humanity, save for a few exceptions, were released after that year, and are products of Marvel conveyer belt.

However you feel about Marvel, public scoring of films is still relevant in my world:
1647960749997.png

agree with review - disappointing and waste of a decent cast - i thought i could watch Ms De Armas read the phone book and be entertained but turns out i was incorrect

I watched this after seeing the two stars involved. No trailer or previews. It had relatively high expectations considering the names involved but turned out to be a largely average affair.

As a mountain biker, I noticed the mix of handle bars between flat and dropped. At first I thought he had more than one bike, who doesn't! but it was just bad continuity. Im glad Cas explained what was going on in the chase scene which defiantly looked wrong. I thought he had put the wrong sprocket on the back.

Adrian Lyne wasn't a name that I was familiar with but I know of Fatal Attraction. Surprisingly he also did Flashdance, a guilty pleasure of mine, which also have some more "normal" cycling scenes.

I found the situation the couple were in quite difficult to understand but watched hoping for some sort reveal. The same with the snails thing. I was expecting something but no. I had a slow snail once, so I took its shell off to make it go faster but it just made it more sluggish!

Was that supposed to be a bit of a twist at the end? I didnt take it that way

I thought the best parts of the film involved little Grace Jenkins

Just watched this.....well I flip forward watched it as Cas's review told me what I needed to know. I think the daughter was better than the snails. Otherwise.... 4/10 for me

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom