Deep Red 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Thanks for the excellent review, I can't remember watching this one so I shall put it on the rental list. Argento and Goblin, you cant go wrong.

Profondo, not profundo :D

The Spanish flu :D

Hi Mark I'm old & stupid (As SWMBO keeps reminding me), but I think "this time of one his most" reads a little wierd?

Profondo, not profundo :D

I did exactly the same thing when I mentioned it in an article last year! Must be an AVF disease!
So I could try and concoct some elaborate, Argento-esque scenario, in which would be nestling lovingly a suitably convoluted reason for said brain farts of the highest order.......

....but sadly I can't. Corrections made, humble pie eaten, apologies offered.

Its another 4 hours without light in the cellar at AVF HQ for me tonight because of this.......

Great review never seen it but picked it up on pre-order on iTunes 4K DV £2.99.
Might pick up the disc @ some point.

Great review never seen it but picked it up on pre-order on iTunes 4K DV £2.99.
Might pick up the disc @ some point.
Thanks squire.

Only thing to look out for with the brilliantly cheap Arrow iTunes flicks are to check which cut/language options you get. You may only get one, not both cuts, and usually you only get a single language option. So be worth checking first.

This disk though does offer far more value than the previous 4K Argento’s mind so picking it up is a no brainer.

Thanks squire.

Only thing to look out for with the brilliantly cheap Arrow iTunes flicks are to check which cut/language options you get. You may only get one, not both cuts, and usually you only get a single language option. So be worth checking first.

This disk though does offer far more value than the previous 4K Argento’s mind so picking it up is a no brainer.
I much prefer the longer cut to the point where I won't even watch the shorter cut anymore because I feel like I'm missing out! Are they both on the same disc?

I much prefer the longer cut to the point where I won't even watch the shorter cut anymore because I feel like I'm missing out! Are they both on the same disc?
No, they have their own disk and each disk is packed with extras. Great set.

I'm the opposite, I watch the English track and when the new footage switches in and out of Italian if takes me out of the film too much. I prefer the shorter cut.

I'm the opposite, I watch the English track and when the new footage switches in and out of Italian if takes me out of the film too much. I prefer the shorter cut.
Yep I'm the opposite - I tried it in various ways a long way back and Ill only watch the longer cut with the Italian track. It takes me out of the film when I hear Hemmings' real voice which is a bit odd I know! :D

I have the 'Arte Originale' edition on pre-order... again... after the Arrow store update/fiasco.

Looking forward to it... and never having to buy it again :D

I have the 'Arte Originale' edition on pre-order... again... after the Arrow store update/fiasco.

Looking forward to it... and never having to buy it again :D
I too have two pre-orders for this……or maybe only one……who knows.

It’s like whooooooooa, EXTREME pre-ordering…..:cool:

Thanks squire.

Seems the iTunes release also includes the international cut as an extra, so I assume the main release is the longer cut. I have never seen Deep Red, but watched a few other Argento films, and the only one I liked was Suspiria. I suspect I’m probably not going to enjoy this, but for £3 it has to be worth a look.

The review says the Export cut has 2 Italian soundtracks in addition to the English mono track. Not on the set I've received from Arrow it hasn't

The review says the Export cut has 2 Italian soundtracks in addition to the English mono track. Not on the set I've received from Arrow it hasn't
Apologies, you're absolutely right, I've just checked my own Arte Originale version and there is only a single English track on the export version, not the multiple tracks I've written in my review. The check disks we were sent to base the review on had no disk art work at all and my photo's of the set up menu's had gotten mixed up. Please accept my apologies for this error, the review has now been changed.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom