1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deeeeep Base, but something's wrong

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by JJON, Apr 20, 2001.

1. JJON

JJON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I replaced my old Bang & Olufsen Passive Sub with the Paradigm PDR 10 active sub because the B&O, although great for Home Cinema, couldn't get as deep as my front speakers with music. The main problem with the Paradigm is that I can only hear it if I'm in the same 1/3rd of the room as the sub. The sub is ported at the rear I think most of the sound is going THROUGH the wall behind the sub rather than bouncing off it as it sounds louder in the next room. Any Ideas?

2. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    This sub needs time to "run in". But placement seems to be very important. I have moved on from the PR10 but from what i remeber it had a lot of "kickbass" rather than stomach churning stuff when in the same room, yet in the toilet upstairs it was shaking the bath!. I ended up turning the sub side ways so the port was facing along the wall rather than at it etc. Make sure it is as far away from any furniture as possible. I must admit i miss that "kickbass" sometimes, like in "RONIN" when he fires the basuka cannon. With the PR10 you felt the force hit your chest!, great little sub...