Question Dedicated Timber-built Mancave, From Scratch!

0A0E5B40-7D27-49BE-9902-757F116502C9.jpeg

Idea 1: forgetting measurements for the moment, equipment and pj is in the middle area. The yellow at the end is glass, with space for a desk and me!

A3522A9B-01D5-4864-B470-8EAB10F9C4B1.jpeg

Idea 2: bit more office space, but the equipment room is limited. That is likely to be a problem, depending on size. The other major ballache with this could be getting wiring to the equipment room; not impossible, but not easy..

Is a equipment room needed if its losing part of the office?
Perhaps Opt for a custom made rack / shelving space to match the office. This would avoid issues with ventilation for heat etc. While also maintaining office space and giving you a more workable space.

427F20C9-526D-4C6B-BAE9-1324591AEE59.jpeg
C11A6502-0248-4647-ACBA-65DAC5720D70.jpeg
The Equipment Rm is essential in minimising noise and heat from the equipment, spoiling the movie/music....makes a big difference in my opinion.

I recall my door size decreased in width because I would have hit the Projector on the way in otherwise......

Just pinged building control an email.

The idea of a fire door was, like you say, for soundproofing. 45kg that door weighed. But, as it would be the only escape route to the external door, I wondered if the minimum width needed to be larger.

I’ll see what they say..
Did you get answer back from BC?

I did! The guy said:

“There is absolutely no problem in using the door you mention, door widths are only controlled in new dwellings”

He even signed off with his own name, not realising this now makes him my point of contact for everything I need building-regs wise..!

So I bought the door on Saturday

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom