Dedicated Small HDMI PC for SkyGO

rslpl

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning
Looking for a small PC Tower (not Tablet) that could be kept on (near permanent) so that SkyGo and TVCatchup can be beamed to an oldish LED Monitor. The PC wouldnt need a screen with it but a wireless keyboard would help. Similarly if it had HDMI in as well as HDMI out would help; I could then hard wire ROKU in to PC as a gateway that ends up on screen. The HDMI in a 'nice to have' whereas the other criteria needed. Hope someone can advise as we dont have the existing hard wire Sky and Aerial options here at home.
Thanks in anticipation

Last edited:
Mini-itx is a motherboard size. You buy the bits and put them in the case. Install Windows, et voila it's a pc.

Mini-itx is a motherboard size. You buy the bits and put them in the case. Install Windows, et voila it's a pc.
Sorry.. not that technical.. Looks nice but prefer to buy off the shelf ready to go... dont take this comment wrongly.. thanks

The HDMI in a 'nice to have' whereas the other criteria needed.

Any PC will fulfill the other criteria. They're all capable of running 24/7, they'll all connect to a low or medium resolution HDMI display, they'll all work with a wireless keyboard. They're not all 'small towers' but those words could cover anything from an old fashioned desktop PC to something hand sized that can be edge mounted. Could you be a bit more specific about what you want there, in terms of size and capability to add extra stuff (more drives etc.)?

For some reason internal HDMI switches seem to be non-existent, it may be something to do with HDCP.

Is that a ACER?

yes it is I believe. I have had it from new. Used it a few times to play backup films from an external HDD but not i stream via apple TV from my Macbook air. When I get in from work I will post photos.

something youre selling?

Yes Im selling. Need to find a price for it though after work

Is that a ACER?

Rslp. I can confirm it is an ACER Revo RT3090. It contains windows 7, and comes with the original CD key. There are slight scuff marks on the surface (from storage) but nothing major it is all working and is in full working order
The unit has a SD/Memory stick input. 3.5 input and output.
Along with the HDMI output and component lead for a monitor., it also has 5 x USB 2.0 slots 4 on the back and 1 on the front.
Also has networking cable and built in wireless.
Internal hdd is 160gb and comes with the windows 7 home prem OA.
Power lead included, however I don't have a keyboard or mouse.

Photos to follow

ImageUploadedByAVForums1405027320.286191.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1405027353.169666.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1405027369.287283.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1405027443.736032.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1405027496.653542.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1405027539.470760.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom